1.9 update

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ukballer1012, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ukballer1012

This is the first time I've had to update my server. So will everything still work when I update it, such as plugin memory (like mcMMO stats for example)? If there is a guideline to updating your server and conserving your data (plugin memory, maps, home locations, etc), I'd really appreciate it if you could provide me with a link. Thanks.

2. Offline

shadrxninga

It's really simple! All you have to do, is download the new Craftbukkit.jar and overwrite the old one with it.
    Some plugins are bound to break though, so you will have to update them as well - this is the same just download the new "pluginname".jar and overwrite the old one.
    You will be able to keep all the plugins data as plugins store data in their own folders within the plugins folder, so you don't need to worry about losing any data - it will still be there when you update as long as you don't delete the folders.

I suggest making backups still though, especially one of the map :)

3. Can't say it better! Backup, backup, backup!

Once you've got a good backup nothing can go wrong! But I would make a backup of your whole Bukkit folder not only the map!

4. Offline

wimmer1999

a new minecraft is out i cant play anymore on my server help!!!

5. Offline

shadrxninga

What version of Minecraft is your server running? You can download Spoutcraft and use that to play on your server if it is running 1.8.1
    A new version of Bukkit will be out, which will work with the latest release within the next few days. Hopefully, it may be longer.

6. Offline

LoneDog

I have extreme issues seeing on the bukkit frontpage and forums if there is an update to 1.9, which I guess there is not right now.

Makes you feel real stupid as to nobody els is asking on the boards almost.

7. Offline

shadrxninga

You may update to 1.9 if you wish - it is not on the front page as 1.9 is not an official minecraft release - not has ha RB been promoted , you can download the 1.9 builds here. It may not be stable though.
    No one on the forums is asking because they are asking when 1.0.0 will come out, as Notch skipped 1.9. Don't ask when 1.0.0 will be available for bukkit, it will be ready when it is ready. There should be ab announcement on the front page when it happens.

8. Offline

Etetherin

how do i update....because i dl the 1.9 update and then what do i do with the file ive tried renaming it and ive also tried not changing the name.... so what do i need to change my text file starter... (the batch file) to because it keeps saying unable to access jarfile.... please help....
    and thanks in advance

9. Offline

shadrxninga

@Etetherin
    Post the name of the new craftbukkit.jar you have and your startup script.
    I'll see what I can do to help you.

10. Offline

Etetherin

new craftbuckit .jar file : bukkit-1.9-pre5-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    and then the script in my text file is
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64"  java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar

"%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86"  java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar

"%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"

11. Offline

shadrxninga

You've downloaded the developer API which is used for making plugins with, instead of the sever. You need to download Craftbukkit for 1.9 (Located here). Bukkit is the API. Craftbukkit is the server software.

Then you've got a choice, you can either change your startup script to this:

Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64"  java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar
    "%~dp0craftbukkit-1.9-pre5-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar"
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86"  java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar

"%~dp0ccraftbukkit-1.9-pre5-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar"
    Or just rename the "craftbukkit-1.9-pre5-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar" to "craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar" - what you had in your startup script already.

12. EDIT: never mind

13. Offline

Etetherin

14. Offline

shadrxninga

Easy mistake to make :) Don't worry about it.

15. Offline

Etetherin

ok im still having issues here -.- it still says that my server is outdated...
    what else do i need to do in order to get it up to date :/ i put the new jarfile in the folder deleted the older one and renamed the new one to craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar started my server it loaded but then tried to log in and it says disconecting user ETETHERIN Outdated Server!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.