1.8 Holograms

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MexMaster, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MexMaster

Hey everyone, hope you can help me
    I'm stuck with my code, trying to create holograms that work for 1.8 clients
    here's what i have so far:
    http://pastebin.com/jaiQ4ZGq
    (using pastebin because the bukkit editor is bugging for me right now...)
    but nothing happens, but i get the message "NameTag created" (will be printed out at the end of the command).
    And btw, loc is the location of the player

Hope anybody could help, and please no ProtocolLib posts, I wan't to learn about pure packets

//edit: I already found this: https://github.com/filoghost/Hologr...filoghost/holograms/patch/HologramsPatch.java
    But i can't translate it to "pure" packets

2. Offline

fireblast709

MexMaster you miss about everything a hologram uses. A hologram is a horse with their age set to -17000 (not sure about the number, but it was something like that), mounted on a witherskull at y - 56.8 (you got that part).

3. Offline

MexMaster

I thought i could set the display name of the ArmorStand (talking about 1.8) and that would be it, or how was it meant?
    I would be happy if could could tell me again exactly what I need to do for 1.8, because I thought what you did was for 1.7?
    Thanks ;) fireblast709
    BTW: I think it was -170000(0)

4. Offline

Garris0n

I could've sworn 1.8 allows you to give any entity a nametag, in which case you could try assigning one to a stationary wither skull (which won't render).

5. Offline

MexMaster

Garris0n but how? You know?
    BTW: I need it to work with 1.7 server software (so no 1.8 packets or so)

6. Offline

Garris0n

Look at the source and figure it out.

7. Offline

MexMaster

8. Offline

Garris0n

Can't you just use a current hologram plugin/method then?

9. Offline

MexMaster

No I'm using Spigot with the protocol hack (1.7 and 1.8 but with 1.7 server software)

10. Offline

Monkey_Swag

MexMaster you must then go ask for help on their forums since Bukkit does not support Spigot.

11. Offline

MexMaster

I know, but i hoped that here would be more people with knowledge of packets.
    But never mind I found something that I gonna try out later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.