1.8 and Orbs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by obscurehero, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

obscurehero

Unless Jeb fixes the orb issue for 1.8, can the bukkit staff consider editing them out...or adding it as an option in server.properties. I'm not sure how its coded in, so I'm not sure how to get it out (and how hard it would be). I was able to copy/paste an edited class for the pre-1.8 server jar to get rid of the orbs. It has SOLVED the lag issue.

The issue was primarily processor time. My CPU would max out on the thread that the server was on after a time and cause INSANE lag. The more orbs in the world, the worse the lag. So, making the server PVP obviously made this 10x worse.

Just a query. I know that we have no idea when 1.8 will come out (tomorrow?) and even still when bukkit will have a build. Just a thought after having to deal with this thing for the evening.

2. Offline

Simanova

If someone dies he looses all his orbs (exp).
    This is causing a !huge! lag.

@ Bukkit team - please consider to remove orb drop on playerdeath, perhaps a additional routine for clearing all dropped orbs every x sec./minutes

3. Offline

Don Redhorse

as SOON as there is an OFFICIAL release of minecraft the dev team will sure look into making a first port AFTER they figured out the OFFICIAL releas is in a state which doesn't contain any too big bugs..

read the other threads... JUST WAIT!!!!!! and stop posting requests of the bukkit team fixing pre-release code

4. Offline

Lolmewn

It is however getting anoying that everyone is like:
    Meh Meh Death Orbs Massive Lag pl0x Disable nao!

While 1.8 isn't even released yet.. (lololololol)

r3Fuze and Don Redhorse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.