1.7 Quidditch Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by jeffcaz37, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jeffcaz37

Snitch:
    The golden snitch is going to be a bat with a speed buff of 3, and when you punch it once, you catch it. only the seekers can catch it (I will give a description of the positions later). Only 1 snitch

Bludgers:
    I want bludgers to be Slimes. Bludgers will ride a random player, damaging the player once a second (so they flinch), but takes no hearts. To get a bludger off your head, a beater (another position) needs to punch the slime. Once done, the slime rides another random player. This repeats until the game is over. 1 bludger

Quaffle:
    The Quaffle is a red wool block. The quaffles spawn as placed blocks when the game starts (two positions that are set with a command) and when a chaser right click the quaffle, it goes on their head. Other chasers of the opposing team can take it from them if they right click the player who is in possession of it. It then goes onto that players head. To score, you need the quaffle on your head and right click the cobweb in the opposing sides goal posts (more on this later). There is one quaffle.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    Teams:
    There will be 4 teams. Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Slytherin and Hufflepuff. More on the arena setup below, but to start different teams use the command /quidditch start [team1] [team2]

Goal Posts:
    There are 3 goal posts on each side. To set these, you go inside the cobweb that you want the players to click, and do the command /quidditch setgoal [team] [number]. The number part will be either 1 2 or 3

Arena:
    With World Edit, mark boundaries and do the command /quidditch arenaset so when the game is active, the players cant leave the boundaries. To set the spawn points you do /quidditch spawnpoint [team]. To set the quaffle spawn points, execute the command /quidditch setquaffle. To join a team thats playing you do the command /quidditch join [team] [position]. To join to certain team they need the permission quidditch.join.[teamname] > example > quidditch.join.gryffindor. The positions are listed below.

Other:
    When joining it says: [Quidditch] You Have Joined Quidditch!
    When leaving it says: [Quidditch] You Left Quidditch!
    If they do not have a hoe of any kind in their inventory,
    they cannot join and get the message ‘&cYou Need A Broom To Play!’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[POSITIONS]

Beater:
    The beaters are the players who can defend their players from the bludgers, and the only ones who can hit the bludgers away to another player. 2 max on each team.

Seeker:
    The seeker is the one looking for the snitch. Only ones who can catch the snitch. 1 on each team.
    (make it so a player is the seeker with a permission node)
    Chaser:
    Get possession of the Quaffle and get it to the goal posts to get points. Max 3 on each team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[GOAL POINTS]

150 to finish game. The team to reach 150 first, wins!

Quaffle: gives 10 points each goal
    Snitch: worth 150 points, auto wins the game

When scoring it says to all players: [Quidditch] <playername> Has Scored 10 Points For The <teamname> House!
    When catching a snitch it says: [Quidditch] <playername> Has Caught The Golden Snith! <teamname> WINS!

If you need anymore info please tell me, and I will add it!
    Wiki page on quidditch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch

Thanks,
    Jeff

This if for a friends harry potter server and we really wanna add quidditch in ASAP.

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@jeffcaz37 How would the players fly? And logically the Snitch can't leave the arena too. If it does, does it get just teleported to a random position or bounce of the "wall"? I'm not sure if should try making it, because my freetime is limited and I'm not sure if i can do it :)

3. Offline

pie_flavor

@jeffcaz37 Just in case you didn't know: A Quidditch game has 2 bludgers
    Also, why would you need 2 spawn locations if there is only one quaffle?

4. Offline

_Hybrid

He uses a custom broom plugin so players can fly during the game

5. Offline

I Al Istannen

@jeffcaz37 I am trying to make it, but i don't have that much time the next days.

6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@jeffcaz37 I have released a 1.8 version. It should work on 1.7 too, but i don't really have a 1.7 test server ;/ So i tried it on 1.8 and everything seems to work, however i havn't tried on 1.7. Afaik i didn't use anything only available in 1.8.

So good luck to you and have fun!

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/quidditch-plugin/

7. Offline

Scorpionvssub

this uhm...has a huge reference to the harry potter movie game but instead of a golden ball its a gold bat, and instead of brooms we just fly :confused:

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

And your point is?

9. Offline

Scorpionvssub

that that would be a much easier to explain kinda game XD

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

It is preferred on here to explain everything like you are the only one that ever heard of it. Makes it way easier for the developers.

_Hybrid likes this.
  11. Offline

_Hybrid

@Scorpionvssub
    It would be unreasonable to just be like:
    "I want quidditch but with bats and fly. Be done soon"

Its best to explain as best as humanly possible :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.