1.7 broke unnormal items?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jalau, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jalau

As of the 1.7 update i can't get / set the blocks like piston head, repeater top etc that aren't getable without cheats in vanilla, and now they won't show up! The id is recognized but the slots in invs where the items are supposed to be are empty, other regular items do work? Anyone has a solution for this? ;)

2. Offline

NathanWolf

I don't think there is a fix, sorry.

3. Offline

Garris0n

They were removed.

4. Offline

Jalau

So if i run 1.6 Server but let 1.7 people join, it will work? Thats silly! They were perfect as place holders etc!

5. Offline

Garris0n

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Mojang removed the ability to hold certain items in your inventory. It will actually cause the client to disconnect if you hack around that removal and tell the client it's holding one of those items.

7. Offline

Desle

8. Offline

Garris0n

Because they weren't actually items and Mojang doesn't make decisions based on anything but the vanilla game?

Aengo and Desle like this.
  9. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I suspect the Mojang coder who made the change could best answer that. My guess is it's partly to eliminate inventory duplication (eg. having 5 of the block-form of redstone dust and 5 of the proper redstone dust not being able to combine though they both place the same block), and the rest to eliminate any potential issues that could arise from placing the partial blocks (like half a bed block, the piston-movement block, etc)

Jalau, Garris0n and Desle like this.
  10. Offline

Jalau

Arg... This nice placeholders ARE GONE :'(

11. Offline

Garris0n

I'm using colored glass panes for GUI separators, it looks good.

Jalau likes this.
  12. Offline

Jalau

Yeah already done that is the only good solution i think ;) :D

Garris0n likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.