Zone explosions

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by AntonyDream, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Offline

AntonyDream

Hi there! I have one request for plugin makers.
    It's about zone types like this:
    1 type: creeper's or tnt explosion destroy anything and hurts players
    2 type: creeper's or tnt explosion destroy only player's blocks (don't touch nature map blocks, or restore them some time later) and hurts players
    Can someone make a zone-based plugin for this or add this feature to existing plugin?

2. Offline

Zidonuke

It would be nearly impossible to identify a blocks as map generated or player made without having extra data for every single block. Something like this would be unlikely.

3. Offline

AntonyDream

Ok, so how about zone where explosion can hurt players but don't destroy anything (or restore back after explosion) or destroy only chosen type blocks?

4. Offline

Zidonuke

Now, that's more reasonable. I think cuboid or something could support a flag like this.

5. Offline

Hamish_G

Would the first one not be possible if you made it log every block placed then when a creeper or tnt exploded in that area it worked out if the block was placed or generated using co-ordinates?

6. Offline

Zidonuke

Yes, if you logged every single block with a flag or a playername or something. its very possible but, I don't see a method to do that easily.

7. Offline

Hamish_G

I don't know how to code or anything, i was just thinking logically and trying to help out by giving ideas, maybe you could do it like worldgaurd where it logs certain blocks but then customize it so it logs every block?

8. Offline

Zidonuke

I mean technically a LogBlock type system could work but that's lots of extra data being stored and having to be queried, If bukkit allows adding additional data to the notch world data, maybe things could be different.

9. Offline

Hamish_G

Like i say i no almost nothing about moding or coding, i am just idea shooting :)
    Thought it may be helpful to anyone who tries to make this plugin.

10. Offline

AntonyDream

If only user created blocks can have id's different from map generated blocks.. but it seems to be more than plugin or mod can change

11. Offline

Hamish_G

Plugins like BigBrother can watch and rollback peoples work, so maybe if you could set it to record everyones work and then allow that to be the only thing destroyed by explosions?

12. Offline

Zidonuke

It IS possible to do, but the lag and performance related to it makes it really unfeasible.

13. Offline

Hamish_G

OK, that is unfortunate as it would be a pretty good plugin

14. Offline

AntonyDream

Anyone can implement this in one of the area-editing plugins?