Zombies spawning in the day.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Deckerz, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deckerz

Hey,

The title says it all :p

many thanks,
    deckerz

2. Offline

MinerPiggeh

If they spawn in day there on fire. I dont know if that is a problem?

3. Offline

Deckerz

yes but ive already stopped that i just need to know how to make them spawn the day.

4. Offline

Frazz86

To do this, im pretty certain you'd have to extend the current spawning file and rewrite it; not sure its possible within the bukkit api

5. Offline

MinerPiggeh

I dont know if it blocks a sheep from spawning but it spawns a zombie at day.
    Code:
        public void onCreatureSpawn(CreatureSpawnEvent e){
            if(e.getEntity() instanceof Sheep){
                e.getLocation().getWorld().spawnEntity(e.getLocation() , org.bukkit.entity.EntityType.ZOMBIE);
            }
    }
    If it blocks sheeps from spawning just add
    Code:
    e.getLocation().getWorld().spawnEntity(e.getLocation() , org.bukkit.entity.EntityType.SHEEP);
    I don't know if it works but you can try it :p.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  6. Offline

Frazz86

Sheep don't spawn :p. They only spawn once when the world is generated and from there they are persistant.

7. Offline

MinerPiggeh

Frazz86 Oops so that doenst work maybe another entity?

8. Offline

Frazz86

No entity really follows his specification MinerPiggeh. All animals are persistant when spawning and monsters only spawn in darkness unless they're a nether mob; he'd have to edit the custom data.

9. Offline

Deckerz

could you just make it permanent night, and use protocol Lib to make it look like day?

10. Offline

Frazz86

Well you can, but then monsters will be spawning and users will get confused because to them it will look like day time...

11. Offline

Deckerz

That's doesn't matter in recreating DayZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.