Your favorite plugin dev?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Nickbbeezy, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nickbbeezy

2. Offline

TnT

sillyrosster, hawkfalcon and Acrobot like this.
  3. Offline

theguynextdoor

I can't say i can name any specific people, but in my eyes, any dev who
    - Focuses on the quality of their code, not quantity
    - Listens to the users of his plugin

and/or

- Is willing to help new developers in their quest to make plugins
    - While helping, passes on good practice and habits and avoids sharing half assed code. Not to mention they would avoid just giving the block of code to solve someones problem without explaining the code first.

4. Offline

Hoolean

Darky1126 likes this.
  5. Offline

DarthSalamon

6. Offline

makskay

I'm a huge fan of bigscary, mostly because his plugins are so perfect. He builds lightweight, intuitive plugins that change the dynamics of SMP for the better without enforcing massive changes over vanilla Minecraft gameplay.

It's a real shame most of his stuff is relatively overlooked -- every one of his plugins that I've used has managed to replace five or six other plugins, all the while intruding less than other plugins we use on new players' expectations.

sillyrosster likes this.
  7. Offline

Nickbbeezy

I love his anti xray plugin, it's such a great alternative to Orebfuscator.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

the essentials team (names hidden to prevent random tags), every time i have a question, a suggestion, or a bug found, i simply go IRC and talk with one of them.

9. Offline

Sushi

I love myself. Also codename_B always finds ways to overcome hurdles in intuitive and witty, unconventional ways.

I admire him.

Darky1126 likes this.
  10. Offline

hawkfalcon

11. Offline

MyPictures

asofold just because he is awesome and agreed on continuing with NC+. Also he gives always nice support and its fun to search and block new hacks with him :).
    Evenprime For making the first awesome NoCheat plugin that protected us all (How can you forget Evenprime!?).
    NeatMonster For making NoCheatPlus.
    @h31ix Just because he is how he is.
    @Afforess for his insane ideas and plugins that are over the limits of CraftBukkit now (Spout/SpoutCraft).
    @Amaranth For his cool ideas to improve CraftBukkit.
    @EvilSeph for making CraftBukkit and still working on it even if he also works for Mojang now. Also for fixing the enchanted books hack recently :).
    @feildmaster Really great work on CraftBukkit!
    @homerbond005 So young but still codes like a pro.
    @md_5 For Essentials, LogBlock and Spigot
    @sk89q WorldGuard and WorldEdit. Don't have to say anything more then that..
    @lishid Orebfuscator! Also thanks for fixing/testing the exploit with me :)
    @Sleaker Insane ideas and made some really cool plugins like Vault n stuff.
    @mikeprimm OmG dynmap!
    @SLiPCoR For being nice and making the best FUN plugins!
    @xDrapor Great help and thank you for the idea to the new NoFall check :).

I have more then one.... :oops:.

[qwerty] and hawkfalcon like this.
  12. Offline

Jade

Long list there, MyPictures. :confused:
    Favorite is codename_B, he's got some pretty darn unique ideas, and will do anything required to make it work. :0

13. Offline

Icyene

hawkfalcon
    He has great ideas and goes through with them, even if they seem hard. Code can do with a bit of cleaning, but that is a minor thing ;)

xiaomao
    If I find a bug in my code that I'm too tired to fix, he fixes it in the next 5 minutes.

md_5
    For being... Y'know. Awesome and very friendly.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  14. Offline

chaseoes

15. Offline

Icyene

What's with everyone and the ferret masks?

16. Offline

Jade

17. Offline

-_Husky_-

18. Offline

zipron

Can I ask what the point is of such a question but making feel some developers good and others bad? No one will code better or worse because of this I'm afraid

CeramicTitan and hawkfalcon like this.
  19. Offline

makskay

I can't speak for others here, but I posted in order to give something back to a developer whose work has helped me build a much better server. At the very least, these people deserve thanks and perhaps a bit of extra popularity for their work.

20. Offline

zipron

these people deserve to get donations if someone uses their plugin for a server where they earn money with.

CeramicTitan likes this.
  21. Offline

lol768

md_5 mbaxter For their work on BungeeCord.
    sk89q WE + WG
    loads of other people

ThedbCoders likes this.
  22. Offline

md_5

I'm sorry but I have to agree with you and my first reaction when I saw this tread was to take action D:

23. Offline

tanveergt5

@asofold and sk89q
    are the two best here no one can compete

24. Offline

makskay

That they do. The server I administrate is far from turning a profit (in fact it's a net loss) but we have passed on player donations to several developers whose plugins are integral to the server experience before :)

25. Offline

TnT

I see no problem with this thread. Its not a "which dev do you hate most" its "which dev is your favorite". I can't see a reason to get jealous or upset about it, as it can depend greatly on which plugins or tools you use. Its nice to say thank you once in a while, which is the impression I got from this thread.

26. Offline

jjacobson

codename_B does a lot of work for my server, and md_5 is very helpful with any questions I ever ask him, and made the amazing bungee cord :). And of course everyone loves vanish no packet mbaxter. And NeatMonster because ncp is a must have. But I appreciate every devs work because without all of you bukkit wouldn't be what it is today.

27. Offline

zipron

It is nice to thank everyone for the work and effort they put into their plugins. not only the plugin developers you like, the reason you like them is because they wrote a plugin you like, not because they have the best code because 99% of the people don't even know what good code is about. (me included btw, still learning, always will be learning)

28. Offline

CevinWa

CevinWa - cuz he has a big annoying signature :D

29. Offline

404Ninja

@AllOfThem

CevinWa likes this.
  30. Offline

CevinWa

Thank you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.