"You can't build in this area"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Sk8rman, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sk8rman

How do people set this?
    What plugin is it?
    I'm still a Noob.

Thanks. xD

~Sk8r

2. Offline

saul100

WorldGuard

3. Offline

Sk8rman

I get that, how do I set that up with that?

4. Offline

saul100

You select a region using the wand tool (wooden axe).

After you select to opposite points, do//expand vert.
    Then do/region define [region-name] [your-name] to define the region.

A video I made on this topic : http://youtu.be/qvn9n1fPZLo

5. Offline

Sk8rman

Um... I was messing with WorldEdit, and I typed //expand 4 u and it expands 40... help?

Nevermind.

But in that, when you go into the area, will it say ~ *Areaname*?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  6. Offline

boomdoe

Youtube is your friend.

7. Offline

Apachekiller

If you want it to say that you can use a plugin like Factions or Towny.

8. Offline

Ragnarrok1

IF havent find it out yet i can help...I am also a noob but this is easy (since i got help xD)
    first you need a wand type : //wand . Then us left click where you want the first place to be and soo right to the secend.... it shoud me like a square. Then you type : /region define "name at the place" not us "" . Then if you want it to expand all the blocks as posible up and down type : //expand vert . Then you are kinda done.... Then you us /region flag "name at the place" and anyflag like nomob spawning etc...
    Hope this was help for you.. Sry for bad english...The only plugin you need is WorldGuard!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

saul100

If you want to do it with world guard, you can flag it with an entry message, otherwise use Towny or Factions.

10. Offline

Sk8rman

I installed Factions on my server, what permissions do I need to set in GroupPermissions?

I want basic features for users, 1 faction, inviting, joining, etc.

Ok, I think I get how Factions works, but I have one more question, would I need world-guard to have non-faction areas? Such as an area that's protected but someone can register more than one?

One more question (Sorry... I'm such a Noob) as the owner of the server, how do I unclaim my user's land, say they take up 2000x2000blocks of land, which I don't want them to have that much, how do I unclaim it?

11. Offline

Karlkorv

First of all, if your users can claim a 2000x2000 area, they have to have a faction with 200 members. And if you want to set a limit, take a look at the config.

12. Offline

monir

13. Offline

Sk8rman

What is the purpose of the Map? I can't make sense of it. xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.