Yet another creeper plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by redf1sh, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

redf1sh

Hey all,

So after trying several creeper plugins and not really being satisfied with the results, I've made my own. Works fine, except I've run into a small problem: I can't decide what to make creepers do instead of exploding. I'd like my users to still be at least somewhat afraid of creepers and so far I've tried:
    Creepers that launch their victim 10 blocks into the air (if there is air up there at least): Hilarious to watch, but pretty much impossible to fight them.
    Creepers which "explode" (vanish) lighting the ground below and around them on fire: This was a very poor decision - there goes the forest (and my house). :D
    Creepers who light the victim on fire (only for as long as the creeper is very nearby and staring menacingly at them): Works alright, but it's not as jarring as an explosion.

So other than saying "sod it" and having them launch my players dozens of block into the air, lighting them on fire and still exploding... any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Offline

chernobyl360

could it be possible to make the creepers blow up into cake ? i would deffently download you plugin then :D

3. Offline

Edward Hand

Create a hole under the player?
    Bury them in sand?
    Volley of flaming arrows from the sky?
    Make a tree sprout where they are standing suffocating them?
    Massive sideways thrust away from the creeper?
    Radially throw out a dozen ghast fireballs?
    Explosion of a hundred snowballs?

4. Offline

redf1sh

I could do that, I'm thinking what I'll end up with is a plugin with multiple options, and you can specify what you'd like them to do. Cake can totally be one.

All good suggestions! The fireballs maybe not, since they destroy blocks (which I'm trying to avoid), but it would be scary as hell... Oooooh what if the creeper did some different depending on what type of block it was standing on/biome... Sand pit/burial in the desert, snowball avalance on snow - that could get pretty epic.

/me needs to stop planning more damn bukkit plugins and try to do actual work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.