X-RAY PLUGIN! (Awesome idea)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gbengraff, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Offline

gbengraff

With client mods like nodus and weepcraft, xray is easier then it's ever been, so why not a plugin that xrays with a simple command?

Plugin category: Fixes, Fun

Suggested name: XRAYER

What I want:
    A plugin with a simple command that is /xray. This shows all ores around you, and where to dig. I mean the majority xrays, so make it so no man is left behind!

This is an amazing idea, I'm not quite sure I've never thought about it before, X-ray is one of the biggest MP mods and the people who don't have it will be the ones that fall behind, I say NEIGH AND LET XRAY BE FOREVER!

Ideas for commands:
    /xray <ore> <radius>
    /xrayhelp
    /xray

Ideas for permissions:
    xray.<oretype>

When I'd like it by: Any time!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

gbengraff Speaking about lag generating plugins
    Sending blockchanges etc

3. Offline

Necrodoom

so by the same philosophy, if everyone suicides, you will too?

Williscool98 and timtower like this.
  4. Offline

gbengraff

timtower timtower
    Well Obfusciator lags too much, so if we have an xray plugin it will have no lag, and every one will be equal

Nope, that's not what I was going for, I was going for a plugin that would make every one equal so xray'ers arn't the ones on top.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  5. Offline

Xerfox

Why wouldn't you just get an x-ray mod, or resource pack? And like he said, it would cause tremendous lag spikes.

Regards,
    Xerfox

6. Offline

gbengraff

No no no, you're getting the wrong idea. I'm making so on my server every one else will have xray, so they don't have to install nodus, weepcraft, zombe, etc... So it's cutting down on hackers because they can already use xray with out it.

timtower likes this.
  7. Offline

EnergeticBacon

I may be able to convert the X-Ray portion of Nodus into a plugin, If thats what you want...

8. Offline

Commander9292

This is impossible, x-ray is handled in the client and not on the server. When you toggle an x-ray hack it just reloads the world and only renders blocks that you have selected.

9. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

You could still send block changes to the player, just make sure to use glass, air will cause them to spas out

10. Seems like you have a weird philosophy. An odd one, but I see you are thinking about your players in the sense you don't want the people who don't cheat to fall behind. I don't know how popular this plugin would be though. Most server owners would rather just force every player to play legit via an anti-xray/anti-hack plugin.

11. Offline

Commander9292

timtower good Idea, I never thought about that :p

timtower likes this.
  12. Offline

Scr3am

Dafuq, so what you're saying is:
    To avoid people downloading an X-Raying Texture Pack, you're going to make it easier on them so a command does it for them. To prevent one person from having X-Ray, you're going to give it to everybody..........

:eek:

13. Offline

ZachBora

Why don't you just make a worldgenerator that replaces dirt and stone by glass. Much easier and fever lag (theres still going to be tons of light update)

timtower likes this.
  14. Offline

Gravity

Thread cleaned up. If you want people to make you a plugin, don't call them names.

I think you need a slight adjustment of philosophy here, because what you're asking for is a HUGE amount of work to be put into a plugin that doesn't really solve a problem, while a plugin that DOES, has been around for a much longer time and would perform better than anything someone could whip up for you. This is pretty much a lose-lose situation for both you and any potential author, and that's not a situation many are really interested in.

A reminder as well that if even if you were to create a solution that sends glass instead of opaque blocks, the client would actually think they are glass, and would be able to break them in the quick period that they can break glass in. You'd either have to create a potentially very laggy solution depending on internet connection to update blocks as the player touches them, or as the player moves, back to their actual state or else players could do /xray and just go around breaking everything in no time. This would require a lot more CPU power than a solution like Orebfuscator.