Would this work?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by XgXXSnipz, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@Skionz pseudo code? and am I on right track?

2. Offline

Skionz

@XgXXSnipz You need to understand basic Java for this. It is not a very complex topic and all you need to do is create a new List that has ItemStack as it's generic type. Then add a bunch of ItemStacks to it and use the Random class to select a random one.

3. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@Skionz im very confused right now :'(
    :rolleyes::oops::p

4. Offline

ZanderMan9

@Skionz For that matter, it doesn't even need to be a List. It can just be an array, since what he's doing is very simple. Although, I do recommend a List. You'd make a list like this:
    Code:
    List<type goes here, e.g. String> name = new ArrayList<type>();

Skionz likes this.
  5. Offline

Skionz

I will explain using this example.
    Code:
    List<Integer> list = new ArrayList<Integer>();
    The portion between the greater then and less then characters represents the generic type which is Integer. You may be wondering what the fuck an Integer is, but I will explain. Java generics do not support primitives so we have to use the wrapper class Integer.
    The new keyword creates a new instance of the class specified after it. Simply declaring and not initializing something results in a default null value.

6. Offline

ColonelHedgehog

Er, you can't really make pseudo code for something that needs a specific syntax. :p

7. Offline

SuperOriginal

@XgXXSnipz That is 1 item. Make a list and add that to it, along with others

Edit... Didn't refresh the page...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.