Worldedit Inventory Pay System

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by dougdashwitz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

dougdashwitz

i thoroughly enjoy allowing users to use worldedit to build monsterous structures, however, having all the items be 'free' kind of takes away from the economic system...

so currently worledit is disabled. What would be fantastic is a plugin that would work in conjunction with worldedit and check the users inventory before allowing the //set command, and deduct the proper amount of material that user is trying to 'set'

so rather then giving users the ability to spawn any block they wish, free of charge, they would have to have those materials in their inventory to use worldedit.

not part of the original thought or idea, but mayhaps also the ability to link a chest to pull the materials from, so you dont have to be 'holding' all the materials your using during construction.

not completely necessary and honestly not sure if its possible, but blocking a player from using //set 0 so they would have to use their tools and do it themselves, or perhaps changing per block set to 0 using iconomy would work...

if this already exists somewhere, please point me to it, i have tried to search for this type of plugin but have been stumped since i dont really even know what to call this type of plugin.

2. Offline

imjake9

Um... at least part of this functionality is built-in to WorldEdit. In the configuration file, change use-inventory.enable to true. You can then give users a Permissions node to override this out-of-inventory usage. You can find all this information on the WorldEdit wiki.

3. Offline

dougdashwitz

o very cool, i had no idea, i must have overlooked that in the wiki... Thanks again!

4. Offline

AlexTheDooD

@imjake9 Hey mate, I have just stumbled on this tonight, and think it would be great If I could enable my donators to use the 'inventory edit' ability, where they use worldedit with the blocks in their inv. Would you know what permission node I will have to give the specific players so that they can use this, but not unlimited blocks, and also, will this apply to admins (ops) or can they override the block limit things?

So Do I basically inventory.enable.true then give them all the nodes to all the commands?

Thanks.

5. Offline

Zaros

Holy super necro. Go to the worldedit thread and look through the permisisons, if it exists it will be there.