World Sizing Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by UltiFix, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

UltiFix

Hello,
    Well im working on my server and im noticing that my server folder is something like 500 meg!
    And some of my worlds are huge because people are roaming around it them and they only need to be like 20 to 30 meg in world size because that entire world is dedicated for a little platform for spawn. so my question is what is a good world resize tool and how would i use it? is it easy? is it risky? thanks!

2. Offline

Iroh

3. Offline

UltiFix

4. Offline

Iroh

That just sets how far people get to go in it.

5. Offline

UltiFix

Do you know of any that actually trim the world?

6. Offline

HyperLiink

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tool-admin-minecraft-map-auto-trim-v0-4-1.37846/

This tool has become inactive but i think this is what your are looking for. If this is what your are trying to get let me know i think i can find something similar for you, but if nothing can be found that you want get World Boarder. World Boarder basically does the same thing that you are asking, it disallows players from going out a certain amount of blocks; therefore, not creating anymore chunks.

7. Offline

UltiFix

Um sort of... i just want to select a area with worldedit and delete everything but the area i selected... is that complicated? people already spawned to many chunks so i need to delete those.

8. Offline

Iroh

Open the world in mcedit and delete the chunks you don't want.

9. Offline

HyperLiink

You could copy the selection with Worldedit using //copy. Then you can do //schematic save mcedit <name> this will save it as a schematic which will then allow you to generate a new world and place the schematic on the new untouched world.

10. Offline

Codewow

You could go into MCEDIT select the area of what you want to keep and then hit chunk control --> prune. It will remove all chunks outside of the area selected.

11. Offline

UltiFix

Thanks ill try it.... is it easy to find?

K

Alright Thanks!

Ill try some of these and get back to you!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  12. Offline

Iroh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.