World Save

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MrCamping, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrCamping

I'm a litte confused...
    I just realised that when I save my world with save-all or stop, it doesnt save player inventory and player postion. Exactly like when inventory was saved clientside. Tough this had been completely fixed at beta release. It's makes duping so easy...

Anyone else got this problem?

2. Offline

8e8

It's a default thing. You need to disconnect all players before you do a save-all. Someone is writing a mass kick plugin for that.

3. Offline

MrCamping

huh?!?
    Tough Notch moved inventory server side to prevent this..
    At least, it was working good when I was using hmod and it didnt requires to kick everyone

4. Offline

Plague

Wait, stop has that problem too? I know about save-all...

5. Offline

MrCamping

Yep, Stop has it too.
    Is it the way bukkit handle save?

Cause i'm almost sure that all that stuff has been fixed with the Beta release of the Minecraft Vanilla server.

6. Offline

Plague

Beta fixed the location of inventory (moved to server), but from what I've read on the forums here it's a problem with minecraft.
    I save in an hour nobody's online, so I did not notice anything, but this is a serious problem.

7. Offline

8e8

They're working on rectifying it AFAIK. For now just make sure everyone leaves before you stop the server.

8. Offline

TnT

When I've seen this problem reported before, it is always been a plugins fault for this not working. Check your plugins.

9. Offline

Plague

I've seen the code of all my running plugins and did not see anything suspicious so it probably is CM or MC, but hey I might be wrong (stranger things have happened :D)

10. Offline

8e8

Like I said, it's a default thing. With vanilla MC too I've heard. Disconnect everyone manually before doing the save-all/stop.

11. Offline

Pezmantbh

I can verify that this is true :)

12. Offline

MrCamping

Any solutions yet?
    This makes dupe really easy as server restart are announced 10,5, and 1 min before.

13. Offline

Pezmantbh

It is not a bug. Even in Vanilla, you have got to get all players to disconnect, or kick them, before shutting down the server or anything that they have done since they last logged out will be lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.