World of Warcraft-like Deaths

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by krlsmnk, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

krlsmnk

Plugin category: Death / Gamemode

Minecraft version: 1.12.1 +

Suggested name: I died; better run back.

What I want: Upon dying, the player is spawned at their normal spawn area, but the gamemode is switched to Spectator for that player. A beacon beam is spawned on the player's corpse.

The player must run/fly back to their corpse. Upon nearing their body, a popup prompt will allow them to "revive" when the button is clicked. Gamemode returns to Survival.

Optional:

1: Play an eerie sound while the player is a ghost.
    2: Blur the player's vision slightly while dead (some small level of blindness, maybe?)

When I'd like it by: The sooner the better! But any time before Thanksgiving is great!

2. Offline

MightyOne

What do you mean with a popup? Plugins are server side so nobody will be able to show a new window/popup on the client's screen, a sign gui or a inventory gui would be the best someone could do.

Neither anybody can check any keyboard input or anything.

And yeah and beacon beams are client side as well. so the coder would actually have to place a beacon under the dead body, you know?

3. Offline

krlsmnk

It can be the same popup screen that's displayed when you die normally. Has buttons, responds to input.

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Can't send or listen to that one.

5. Offline

krlsmnk

Unfortunate. A similar effect could be done with a GUI window and clickable buttons (similar to BossShop, just as an example)

6. Offline

krlsmnk

7. Offline

Mathias Eklund

How about a clickable message in the chat box? Instead of a popup that limits the movement for the player?

krlsmnk likes this.
  8. Offline

Unknown123

Opening an inventory, add items and listen to that

krlsmnk likes this.
  9. Offline

krlsmnk

Bump. Anyone working on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.