World Mirroring or Paralleling Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by noxus001, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

noxus001

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could make me a plugin or point me in the right direction to making it myself. What we want to achieve on our server is to have 2 identical worlds, with the same seeds, and when we place a block in World-A , it would appear in the same exact location in World-B. This does sound crazy, I know, but what were trying to achieve is the illusion of a world 1000 years in the future. Currently we planned on just using mrCookieSlime's MagicLoot plugin, which generates decayed houses, gas stations, and other things.

I asked over in the help section to see what other people thought and Oceantheskatr said that I should try on here, in the plugins request section, and someone could possibly make it rather quickly. I would appreciate it either way but if its to much of a pain or to time consuming, just kindly point me in the right direction to making it myself and Ill try until I get it. I KNOW I'm not the only person that could find a use for this....

Oceantheskatr had a logical operating theory that because there are events for when blocks a placed and broken, you could define the world in a config, and have it place the block in the same location in World-B.

Everyone on our server would love you for any information or help. Thanks in advance :)

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@noxus001 Maybe I will make this, a big maybe, world need to be fully checked anyways due to tree placement being different every time.

3. Offline

noxus001

That would be really really awesome if u could. We wouldn't have any problems with trees being different because we wanted to use it for that future world, and trees, in theory, would be different. We just wanted if someone was to say build a shed in front of there house, it would there in the future.

I've talked to a few people that say they would use this for other ideas...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. Offline

@noxus001 WorldClone, link is in my signature, make sure to start the server, stop it right away, then change the worlds in the config.
    This currently only listens to block place and breaks. If you need more then tahg me and ask for it.
    This plugin is untested!

noxus001 and oceantheskatr like this.
  5. Offline

oceantheskatr

Not sure how plugin works, but @noxus001 you should do a copy and paste of your current world, then name the new one world-mirror or whatever you want. After that, then use his plugin and set up the config accordingly.

@timtower Sound about right?

timtower likes this.
  6. Offline

@oceantheskatr Seems about right, new chunks would still have different tree locations though, which might cause weird effects.
    Worldborders fill command might fix that though, then you copy and paste it around.

7. Offline

oceantheskatr

@timtower When loading a new chunk is there an event? Maybe allowing to set the other world's chunk to that chunk? Or would that still have different tree generation?

8. Offline

You could copy the chunk over exact as it is. Generate one, then set the same blocks as the first world.

9. Offline

oceantheskatr

@timtower Yeah, so technically you probably could make it the exact same :D

10. Offline

Never said that I couldn't :p

11. Offline

oceantheskatr

Nah, I was more so just stating it :)

I may actually try doing this myself some time, but maybe place different blocks instead, so maybe if I place grass, dirt, stone, etc. It could be netherrack, or water is lava, ores are quartz ore, all that. Just as an experiment.

12. Offline

noxus001

13. Offline

iOnixS

Just download the worl file and reupload it?

14. Offline

noxus001

I get this:
    ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/WorldClone.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: Cannot find main class `WorldClone.WorldClone'

Latest log: http://pastebin.com/Z0bqA8SQ

um...what?

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts. Please don't double post. There is an Edit Button right next to the Date.>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
  15. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@noxus001
    Hehe. Silly @timtower forgetting to add his country short form and name in the plugin.yml's Main Class Path.

(Tagged him so he knows. @noxus001 Always tag the people you talk to otherwise they may not see your Message.)

oceantheskatr likes this.
  16. Offline

noxus001

Oh ok, thank you :)

17. Offline

18. Offline

mrCookieSlime

I thought so. I know you so well. Or you being lazy is not a Secret :eek:
    Anyway, back ontopic.

oceantheskatr and timtower like this.
  19. Offline

noxus001

lol you guys are great

20. Locked. Offline mode is not supported here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.