Solved World edit responds REALLY slowly and sometimes freezes server...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by megasaad44, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

megasaad44

So... I always used world edit. I always used to be able to make huge walls and stuff, but a few days ago i opened my server *localhost for testing* and i made a small very basic wall like 28 blocks and it froze for like 20 seconds and then responded and replaced blocks... I tried it again and again. i made an average 60 block wall and my server just froze and i had to kill it... I have the latest dev, everything updated, NO damned errors... And it's just like that... just not responding... o-o help?
    What information would you like me to give you? What would you suggest i do? I tried removing my most recent plugins and they weren't the cause! My server isn't overloaded and my laptop always was able to handle it like silk in the wind.

2. Offline

Zarko

ram/cpu?

3. Offline

Me4502

What sort of HDD are you using? If it's not an SSD, how much free space is there? What is its speed? Have you tried defragmenting the disk?

4. Offline

megasaad44

5. Offline

Me4502

6. Offline

megasaad44

Me4502 http://prntscr.com/22oayi I think this is what you want. No intentsive tasks, not even mc is open. Just my browser and the defragger I think disk speed is in that link, if not then where do i find it?

7. Offline

Zarko

world edit uses cpu/ram resources if your system cant provide enough your server cant handle it and crashes/freezes

8. Offline

megasaad44

Zarko My server was always able to handle it.. That's what i'm saying. It just got super slow all of a sudden... Do my specs seem right?

9. Offline

Zarko

i guess you have 4 ram?
    your server was always hosted at your house?

10. Offline

megasaad44

SOLVED! I found the problem... One of my plugins was the cause of this world edit problem. Thank you for trying to help! ^_^ *marks thread as solved*

11. Offline

Minerva

Would be quite kind to everyone else if you specified what plugin was causing the issue?

12. Offline

megasaad44

Minerva The plugin is Limited Creative Latest beta. I hope he fixes this soon. I'm on his irc and trying to fix the problem

13. Offline

Zarko

megasaad44 this plugin is really irrelevant with w/e

14. Offline

megasaad44

Zarko yes it does sir, When you world edit something lc makes it so it's like it was placed by hand in creative for blockstate and ailfjsat. complicated, go read the plugin carefully :p but i'm 10000% positive it's it. No doubt what so ever.

15. Offline

Zarko

megasaad44 only possibility is that this plugin was consuming a big amount of ram that world edit needed,I dont think it was a plugin problem just lack of ram

16. Offline

megasaad44

Zarko No dude. Possible says that it's working fine for him. I might just have downloaded a bad version of the plugin. Maybe the download even corrupted on me. I'm trying to fix it.

17. Offline

Zarko

18. Offline

Bobcat00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.