Working Size Plugin!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Evanano, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Offline

Evanano

Plugin category: Admin Tools, Fun, Miscellaneous,

Suggested name: SuperSize

What I want: I would like a plugin that could be selected with a world edit wand(wooden axe), you choose a location(or go to one), type a command, and it would create a larger version of that area(In a way).

This Youtube video is an example of what I mean(It's fake, but it's got the same idea.)-

The plugin would have a command to change size, and maybe a potion(drinkable or throwable). That, if thrown in the normal size area. It would teleport you to the area where everything looks bigger.

That would be really cool, a plugin similar to this is this one- http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mcpainter/

However, MCPainter isn't quite what I'm wanting. It doesn't auto-create big block zones, or anything else in this plugin except creating single big blocks and big block statues.

Also(if possible), I was thinking it would be cool to put NPC giants with the players names walking throughout the map. They would be in the same positions on the big map as the players would be on the small map, and when the players in the normal area left, so would the giants. The giants would walk around relatively to the players on the normal area.

There would be a size limit, so you couldn't choose a huge area, and expand it to a too large of a size(of course). Maybe a 10 block in all directions size limit.

It's to mimic changing size in Minecraft, and it's possible!

Ideas for commands: /SS Grow, /SS Shrink,(They would teleport you to the area matching where you are, if one has been created. Otherwise, a message would tell them saying, "You may only change your size in Size Changing zones."

/SS Create [Name] {x, y, z} (It would create a bigger version of the zone you have selected at your current location or at the location you set. If the zone selected to big, it would say, "The zone selected is too large."

/SS Destroy [Name] (It would destroy the creation zone that you name and stop spawning/creating the giant NPCs)

/SS Update [Name] (It would update the SS Zone to change it according to the newly placed blocks of the normal area it is copying.)

Ideas for permissions: ss.grow, ss.shrink,(Needed to use /SS Grow and /SS Shrink

ss.admin(Needed to create, destroy, and do other things with SS zones.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible. I'm sure TONS of people would like this plugin. Not just me. It would be AMAZING if somebody would code this.

2. Offline

Evanano This would make a second world that is over 16x the size of the overworld. If you really want it that bad then go ahead. And as far as i can tell the chunks would have to update in the big world which would be lag city becuase everytime a player broke or removed a block it would have to remove or add in a 16x16x16(4096) structure at the same time in another world. Lag city as far as i can tell

3. Offline

Evanano

I said there should be a block limit, so you can't create a bigger version of an area that is too big. Also, most people would only use it for protected areas anyway. Anyway, I wasn't thinking about the updating thing, there could just be a command to update blocks. Otherwise, it wouldn't.

4. Offline

Evanano

5. Please edit the post, in to the bump. Because you are just bumping again.

6. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

7. Offline

Evanano

8. Offline

Evanano

Bump
    It would be great if somebody would make this plugin. TONS of people would LOVE it. It has been wanted for a REALLY long time but with no way of implementing it, and now this way WILL work.

Somebody just needs to put the required things together to make this plugin

9. Offline

Evanano

10. Offline

Evanano

11. Offline

Evanano

12. Offline

Evanano

13. Offline

razorrider7

This idea is great! *mind = BLOWN!*

14. Offline

pfgbucket

the video is not fake

15. Offline

Evanano

?

I meant the size changing wasn't real. It just looks like it.

16. Offline

pfgbucket

it's teleportation, what's not real about that

Frkinklown likes this.
  17. Offline

Evanano

I meant the size-changing thing. Where you stand on the special square, throw the potion, and it looks like you have just changed size. The "size-changing potion" is fake.

18. Offline

Goblom

Evanano I Do not think this is possible. Coming from a developer standpoint...

There are only 3 mobs with alternative sizes. Zombies, Magma cube & Slime. Zombies have a baby and a giant, those sizes are built into the game and cannot be changed. Magma Cube & Slime can have dynamic sizes.

Players on one hand cannot get bigger or smaller. Their size is set.

Then again, this has been done with a client size mod and server size mod (via Minecraft Forge). So, your best bet is going over to the MCPC+ forums and asking for this to be done there as it would require modifications to the client and/or server.

19. Offline

Evanano

Goblom
    IT'S NOT REALLY CHANGING SIZE.

It just looks like it. With the blocks being placed to make the colors look like bigger versions of the normal blocks.

The only other thing I suggested was making npc giants of a sort.

No actual size changing. People, please read the project before you object to something about it.

20. Offline

Evanano

21. Offline

Evanano

22. Offline

Gamecube762

The concept of it is great, but due to how complex this is, this would only be helpful in adventure type maps/areas. Having this in normal survival would be extremely hard to manage and could be resource intensive. Personally I like the idea, but it is a huge project and at most, you would need to manage the maps your self and configure them accordingly.

Most people don't accept big plugin requests because of the amount of effort, time, and dedication needed to complete them. I can already imagine making this plugin, and its going to take a long time to complete. I could work on the base of this, but I currently have little to no free time...

23. Offline

Borlea

Its possible to remove millions of blocks a second with 0 lag.

24. Offline

Would you like to explain your reasoning with out having a server with 1000g of ram?

25. Offline

Konkz

Have good CPU. Minecraft is not just "OMG 10000 GB, MY MINECRAFT SERVER WILL HAZ NO LAG". A lot of factors are put into Minecraft hosting, not just RAM.

26. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

1. 1000gb ram is not possible I believe ( probably wrong )
    2. The code alone ( without changing the blocks ) would give lag already

27. Offline

timtower Konkz I know that servers don't just depend on ram. This is what I meant to say is there a way without having a really good host. Better?