With a heavy heart, it's my time to move on.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by xGhOsTkiLLeRx, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

You probably don't know me. Which is completely fine :)
    I was never a Bukkit team member, nor a BukkitDev staff member.
    However, I think a goodbye thread is just fine.

My name is Tim, better known under xGhOsTkiLLeRx and I joined Bukkit 3 years ago.

However this is my goodbye to the community, too.
    It was an epic journey and I learned so much from all of you!
    With over half a million downloads of just SilkSpawners and ColorMe combined, I'm still completely blown away of the power of the Bukkit community.

I started playing Minecraft with the Beta 1.2_01 and even bought an Alpha account after a friend told me about Minecraft one month earlier (end of 2010, beginning of 2011).
    First of all I started my own SP adventure and then discovered the magic of the own Minecraft Server and the power of Bukkit.
    I opened up my own little server to play with my friends and joined Bukkit 3 years ago.
    When the first plugin went inactive I stepped into the plugin development and learned so much since this point. Thanks to Edward Hand - you were the reason I touched Java code for the first time in my life.
    I soon realized that programming is the thing I want to study and that this is my appointment. Now just three years later, with 19, I'm studying computer science and work for a really awesome company.
    I won't have gotten to this point without this community. <3

My new knowledge has got even further, when I decided to rent my own VPS and to host a real Minecraft Server on Linux - I had many sleepless nights and went on my shell to fix some Linux problems. Knowledge that I need everyday in my job.
    After I started learning Java I discovered GitHub and how awesome the versioning tool git is. Another tool I use everyday at work.

This community was always so helpful, kind & open hearted (forums and IRC). It was always interesting to see the development process go even further and the immense amount of topics with questions and answers and I enjoyed sharing my Java, Bukkit, OBC and NMS knowledge I gained over the years.
    There are and were so many cool tools that made my life as an admin, player and developer so much
    easier.
    Thanks Hidendra for McStats
    Thanks Gravity for the Auto-Updater
    Thanks mbaxter for the Maven abstraction example(s)
    To name just a few :)
    [I probably forgot half of the people, bear with me on this. I love you, too, even if you are untagged!]

I'm not sure if this is an goodbye forever, but currently I think at least a break (temporary or permanent) is the right decision for me.
    I'm very, very sad to write this post and even sadder what happened to my favorite open source project.
    Turning my MacBook on and seeing that nearly everyone left made me sad and nearly brought a tear in my eye...

I owe you so much Bukkit!
    These 3 years were a big part of my life and I loved spending (or even wasting) my time on the forums, IRC, eclipse or BukkitDev.

I really appreciate every single day I worked towards making plugins and hope I can see some of you again in the future. Life says you meet at least twice.

Thanks for all the fish and cya.
    Feel free to PM for my Skype if you even read that far...

Tim - (xGhOsTkiLLeRx)

2. Offline

PapiDimmi

If you have left, why are you still posting in threads?

By the way, I'm sad to see you leave, even though I haven't really had the chance of meeting you.
    I love your plugins, though. Especially PickupArrows, which I never knew was made by you.

I wish you good luck with all that happens later on in your wife.
    It will probably be amazingly exciting.

3. Offline

ChipDev

Well then, welcome back.
    Last seen yesterday :3

4. Offline

stickman561

Hope to see you back on bukkitdev man, always sad to see a good dev go.

5. Offline

17xDillz1997

Just looked at your plugins and realised they're the best and I use some/used some. It's sad to see you go, bye :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.