[WIP] Redstone Proximity Sensor

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Ugleh, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ugleh

Redstone Proximity Sensor

Download Latest
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/redstonesensor/

Features
    In the desperate need for a redstone Proximity Sensor, I coded one. This plugin allows you to create proximity scaners, that when used will provide a redstone curcuit when a player is within the defined range.

Install
    Drag and drop Installation. Afterword do a restart or reload.

How-to Video

Making a RPS
    To make a Redstone Proximity Sensor its simple. You place down a wooden plank block, another wooden plank block on top, and than red wool on top of that. Picture a Redstone torch if you ever forget.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Changing Range
    To change the range on the RPS (Redstone Proximity Sensor) you right click the redstone in question, and it will output the new range for you. Max range is 10, once it reaches 10 it goes back to 1.

Permissions
    • redstonesensor.*
      • Gives use to all permissions. Currently only 1 permission, so this is meant for the future.
    • redstonesensor.use
      • Gives the ability to create a Redstone Proximity Sensor. They will still be able to change the range, or break it.

To-Do
    * Make item drop 2 wood and red wool instead of redstone
    * Make it support multi worlds, nether, end, exc.
    * Add new modes to change which entities to check for.
    * Add client side command for users to change their default range
    * Add command to change default range
    * Add command to change max distance. There is no more or less stress on any distance.
    * Add commands for changing right click mode

1.3 out.
    Same file location as original post.

• Now drops 2 wood and red wool when broken. This is to solve emc problems with tekkit servers.
    • Added multi world support. If you delete a world folder, and just name your new world "world" their may be issues. To fix this I may put a entity check onEnable that loops through each item in the config to check if they still exist there.
    • They now work in Nether, The end, exc.
    • DELETE OLD CONFIG
    • Quick fix for a redstone torch dupe bug. 1.2 will be an official fix, at the moment its a band-aid which wont cause any harm.'
    • Made config file look better. Technically it isn't even a user config file, but a plugin config file. stores all the redstone sensor locations for when restarting the server or such.
    • Cleaned up the code, removed unneeded checks, and changed some ways I did some stuff. Basically an overhaul.

Anyone want to test this?

• Bug fix. I missed a line of code on my 1.2 update. Big bug, should update to this one if you downloaded previous versions.
    • Changed some localization.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Offline

Major_Derp

Ugleh
    Looks like a really awesome plugin, and i love the idea of it! I was thinking, i wanted to make a bukkit version/ different version, and i could give you credit in it for the tekkit version, and the idea, would this be ok?

3. Offline

Ugleh

4. Offline

Major_Derp

Ugleh
    oh ok, but nice plugin!

5. Offline

Ugleh

1.6 has added a real recipe and a real item outcome. I think once I add commands, and 2 more modes for the RPS Owner Only or RPS Not Owner.

Either I will add 2 modes, or 2 recipes.
    After this beta on this should be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.