[WIP] Processing API for Minecraft/Bukkit (So you can have games in yo' games!)

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by DrBoweNur, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DrBowe

What is this?
    This is (eventually) going to be an API for plugin developers that will try to bring in most of Processing's 2D functionalities. For those of you who aren't aware of what Processing is, it is an IDE that allows for easy 'on-screen' java programs (Allowing things such as Pong, BrickBreaker, and SpaceInvaders to be made inside of it)
    http://processing.org/

How do we know this will work?
    Honestly, you can't. I've only done very preliminary tests on what is and isn't possible. However, you can watch the video below to see that it very well could be possible! :D
    Vidoes (open)

When can we expect a release?
    No time soon, I can promise you that much. This is a rather large project, and I'll be working on it alongside my other projects.

Anything Else?
    Yup. I'm currently looking for developer who might want to join in on this project and help make this a reality. I'm mainly looking for people who are talented at geometry-based algorithms (AKA, how to draw/fill an ellipse(or polygon) efficiently with pixels--that sort of thing)

r3Fuze likes this.
  2. Offline

xpansive

Thats a very interesting idea for making things like this easier for developers. It could also be used on maps for a more portable method. I'd be glad to help you out, I have some expierence with rasterizing shapes, along with other procedural stuff that might need implementation.

3. Offline

DrBowe

@xpansive
    That's my goal. And PM me, I'd love to get some assistance with some of the more complex geometry involved :D

Also, updated post with another example of something a bit more...familiar.

4. Offline

undeadmach1ne

5. Offline

DrBowe

Thanks! Figured it would be fun to switch back and forth between this and the zombie plugin so I don't get bored :p

6. Offline

undeadmach1ne

thats a good plan :) this looks like its going to open up a whole new world...like arenas where pong/breakout tourneys are held with spectators and stuff...or if you can implement this with the new map api you could make like a gameboy that ppl can carry around and play stuff on...man i wish i was better with java lol...let me know if you need sprites lol im all over this...

7. Offline

DrBowe

Integrating with the Map API is definitely one of my goals, as the Map would be able to handle so much more

8. Offline

DrBowe

Added a new video demonstration of a quick mini-game I whipped up. It's in the OP if anyone's interested.

9. Offline

gameswereus

Cool progress!

10. Offline

NeatMonster

I like this idea! Really.

If you need help your project, I'd love to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.