[WIP/MECH/FUN/FIX] RealSleep v0.3 Dev - Don't burn the midnight oil! [1.2.5 R3.0]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by limdingwen, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

limdingwen

[​IMG]
    RealSleep - Don't burn the midnight oil!
    Version v1.0

With vanilla Minecraft, you can survive forever without sleeping at all! If you are an owner of a realistic server, you may not like this. RealSleep attempts to fix this by introducing 'sleep' levels. As time passes, you get sleepier and sleepier. When you become too sleepy, you start getting confused and could not walk quickly anymore. To regain your sleep, just lie in a bed. Sleeping fills the sleep meter, while being in bed allows you to regain sleep according to time.

Features:
    • Configurable amounts of sleep regained, lost, and time.
    • Configurable warnings.
    • Configurable effects.
    • Configurable effect trigger value.
    • Permissions for being affected by the plugin.
    • Restore sleep through /sleep restore.
    • Check other player's sleep through /sleep check <Player>.
    • It just works. Normal usage does not need any commands except for /sleep check.
    Commands
    • /sleep - Base for all commands
    • /sleep help - Displays help screen
    • /sleep check - Checks your own sleep
    • /sleep check <Player> - Checks a player's sleep
    • /sleep restore <Player> - Restores a player's sleep
    Permissions
    • RealSleep.false - You do not get sleepy. (Default false)
    • RealSleep.check - Checks your own sleep. (Default true)
    • RealSleep.checkOthers - Checks another player's sleep. (Default op)
    • RealSleep.restore - Restores a player's sleep. (Default op)
    To-do list:

Red: Important
    Orange: Normal
    Green: Not important
    • Sprinting-uses more sleep support
    • Spout GUI
    • Configuration
    • Suggest some :p
    Known problems
    • Sleeping makes you sleepier. (High Priority)
    Download (Very big bug, fixing)
    Source Code

Changelog:
    v1.0
    • Added bed sleep check code - malfunctioning :(
    v0.4
    • Added effects system
    • Fixed a NullPointerException
    v0.3
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Added decreasing system
    Older Changelogs (open)

v0.2
    • Fixed a whole lot of NullPointerException bugs in 0.1
    • Added decreasing system - Checked, does not work :(
    v0.1
    • Added basic check and help functionality

Credits
    • limdingwen - Manager, Main Coder, Hoster
    • izak12345678910 - Requester, Tester :D
    • tomcat98 - SLAPI
    • sammy0025 - Tester, Maintainer

Currently in progress: v0.3 Dev

v0.3
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Added decreasing system

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
    izak12345678910 and zhuowei like this.
  2. Offline

izak12345678910

Can i be a tester?

3. Offline

limdingwen

v0.4 ;) We are almost there!
    • Added effects system
    • Fixed a NullPointerException

All right

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

izak12345678910

Can you message me a copy and ill send you my server ip to test on there!

5. Offline

limdingwen

I will be posting the alpha version soon ;)

6. Offline

izak12345678910

SOon as in today or a few more days?? Cause i wanna see this in action on my server thanks!

7. Offline

limdingwen

Just soon ;) The only problem I am experiencing now is detecting that the player is in bed, and sleep.

Edit: You could build the source to get the latest build.

8. Offline

izak12345678910

Ill just wait i can't wait tho!!!!

9. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

I support this. Will reloads mess up the sleep deprivation levels?

10. Offline

limdingwen

No, they won't. If you want to know how this works, this plugin triggers the decrease event every N amount of seconds. This is made to ensure that when we save the HashMap into a file, it does not cause lag. As it saves the HashMap and is not stored in a variable, it will not mess up. :)

By the way, thanks for the support! I was feeling bad at my messed up server today and didn't have the feeling to write this plugin, but after you said that confidence = FULL :D

11. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

Glad I could help :D There's a disturbing lack of hardcore plugins for bukkit, and I don't think anyone's had the idea for a sleep deprivation plugin. I always support originality :)

12. Offline

izak12345678910

Thats how i got the idea for hardcore survival servers to give it a more realistic experience
    limdingwen What happend to your server?

13. Offline

limdingwen

My server? Oh.... that one.... sorry, the link is down.

14. Offline

izak12345678910

No i mean if you go up a few post up you said
    "By the way, thanks for the support! I was feeling bad at my messed up server today and didn't have the feeling to write this plugin, but after you said that confidence = FULL"
    Your messed up server?? If you want i can give you high position on my server caused you made me this plugin! Well are making me this plugin! :)

15. Offline

Steffion

Can you also sleep at day?

16. Offline

limdingwen

I shall see :) , but I shall make the essential parts first.

TechnoCraft, one of my trusted admins started using creative illegally. I warned him, but he offended a lot of rules, so I had to ban him. But he was so trusted, he had access to the console. So he banned me, and I banned him, and finally I shut down the server, changed the password for the console, and de-opped him. He was never seen again.

The only problem I am having now is detecting sleeping.... I'm so close.... :'(

Edit: As I know I am a bit late in releasing this plugin, I have the latest Dev Build here (v0.4 #25) for download. It has no sleep detection, however, so you can only restore sleep through /sleep restore <Player>. Effects and others works according to alpha testing. :p Also, there is no configuration, so it is not customizable at the moment. :(

17. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

By the way, how much lag would a plugin like this cause? I remember, before hunger was implemented into vanilla mc, there was a hunger plugin on here that would cause a lot of lag when I used it.

18. Offline

izak12345678910

Thanks so much!! Cant wait to see it work with beds!!!!

19. This is a really nice idea. Can't wait to see the outcome :D

20. Offline

izak12345678910

How long till the sleep depletes? Ive been running around my world for about 2 mine craft days and I'm still at 100.0% i thought it was like each say it depleted so like you HAD to sleep at least once a day? I don't know if its a bug or maybe i did something wrong idk?

21. Did you make to much coffee? :p

22. Offline

izak12345678910

lol yep I've been spiriting around my world with cookies and cooked chicken and a diamond sword no armor no god mod no creative nothing and still 100.0%!!!!

23. Well. No armour or sword to weight you down and lots of food and cookies (sugar-rush) explains it then. :p

24. Offline

limdingwen

That seems like a bug to me, it just decreases over time. Let me check my source code, but did the console print out any [WARNING] messages? :oops:
    I don't think so, it's not like it saves every tick.
    Thank izak for this idea.

25. Offline

izak12345678910

Well no warnings and no lag but thank you for the plugin =)!!!

26. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

Don't mean to be a bother, but when's the ETA? I'm just really excited for this plugin :D

27. Offline

limdingwen

Sorry, I am really busy at the moment, estimated time is 5 June. I still need to figure out the bed stuff. Thank you all for your support! [diamond]

Okay.... well it works for me.... does it make a RealSleepData file in the root folder of the CraftBukkit? :(

28. Offline

izak12345678910

Ya maybe i just need to restart server still can't wait for this :)

limdingwen Hey look at this plugin it adds sleep towards afternoon maybe you can work with the dev of it to make RealSleep even better than it already is! And maybe he can fix the bed bugs(Hehe no pun intended) Thanks i just thought if you two work together can create an amazing plugin!
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fi...-realistic-sleep-expierence-1-2-5-r3-0.77615/

29. Offline

limdingwen

30. Offline

izak12345678910

How is it join have you ben able to fix the bug? With the bed? OH and the sleep problem i had was since I'm owner and have '*' permissions but my players do get the effect and i heal them so how is it going with the plugin though? Cant wait!!! Thanks!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.