[WIP, L4devs!] PlayerBuildAnalyzer - does this exist already?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by gus, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gus

EDIT: sorry, but to any mods who read this, I may have posted this to the wrong section...please move it if it needs to be moved.

For a couple months I've been working on a plugin - the working title is PlayerBuildAnalyzer.

The first part of this post is a query...I wanted to know if a plugin like this already exists among the scores of plugins out there.

In basic terms, it is a plugin which uses tons of gathered information (about the specific player and the world itself) in attempts to group a player's blocks into "projects". Theoretically this would be a handy administration tool, allowing one to delete those massive phallic structures with a single click, or to copy a structure to be pasted somewhere else, without having to grab surrounding ground, trees, etc.

If you like the idea but you don't like me, go ahead and attempt it for yourself, but I'd love some credit. Even if it's just //this idea was, in part, designed by gus, but perfected by me, the java maestro in the last line of some thousand-line class hidden away somewhere in the jar, it means something.

It's hard to imagine that idea hasn't been conceived, and I'd wager people have attempted it too.

The second part of the post is a general notice that I'm looking for a potential dev team. This project has promise; even working on it solo has gone smoothly. If there's anyone out there that would like to help, though, I'd be so happy to hear from you. I can't promise that you're gonna get rich. I can't promise that you're gonna be famous. I can't promise that this'll even work out. In the words of the unmistakable Mike Gould, "you gotta want it."

In case I do assemble a team: I'm a student, and I don't have all the time I'd like to work on it; working at full steam, I'd bet we could make it to beta by mid/late summer though.

Lastly I can't help but give a shoutout to skeletonofchaos who encouraged me to post here in the first place. (according to him, he's pretty famous/infamous here.) I've used the Bukkit project's software for months now, and I'm hoping to find the forums equally as awesome.

To anyone who's still listening, hi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.