[WIP] Key Stone Plugin Suite

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by SamThePsychoticLeprechaun, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys!

I have been planning a plugin for a while now which would let players play as chosen races defined by the server owner. Giving players unique bonuses, abilities and technologies.

Then after a while it started to take an alternative route - I realised I wanted to do more than just create a new gameplay feature. I decided I wanted to create other features, such as spawn protection.

This developed further and now I have come to the point where I have a map in my head of where this suite could go.

Basic Module Descriptions:
    Show Spoiler
    **Imagine the nice indentation I had attempted to create**
    - Core plugin with API for all module/sub-module plugins
    ----- Chat module for chat channels, formatting, 'shouting' etc.
    ------- Chat Guard sub-module for spamming, swearing etc.
    ------- Chat Announcer sub-module for announcements, broadcasts etc.
    ----- Punishment module for banning, kicking, muting etc.
    ----- Economy module for wallet, shops etc.
    ------- Business sub-module for banks, loans, interest, business, more advanced shops etc.
    ----- Games module for arenas, game worlds etc.
    ------- Multiple sub-module plugins for specific game types
    ----- Factions-esque module for grouping, owning land etc.
    ------- Multiple sub-module plugins for specific stylising and features (i.e. Native Americans vs. Pioneers)
    ----- Multi-world module for... well... multiple worlds I guess
    ----- Leaderboard module for all other modules that it would apply to
    ----- Anything else that can be thought of that is suitable

The basic idea is a suite of modules that can be loaded onto a server and each give their own features as well as allowing for extra features of each other module that relate to that module.

I am happy for anyone to jump onboard, either with ideas or even better, help! I may have ambition and some starting ideas, but I don't want to be finishing this up when Minecraft hits Update 2.0!

The one thing that I think makes this plugin suite idea stand out, to me at least, is that by creating modules that are obvious and already exist, unique ideas can be injected into them without relying on asking the owner of existing plugins to add them - especially if those ideas will only apply to this plugin suite.

If you want to check out what has been done so far check the following links:

Module Links:​
    Core
    Chat

What do you guys think? Any ideas? Wanna join the fun?

Matt

I have added some new features to the following list that have been suggested

Show Spoiler
    (1) Races module for creating distinct races (configurable in a .yml file) - links to Factions-esque module
    (2) Enchanting module that changes accessibility and requirements for enchanting (maybe some new enchantments too)
    (3) Mechanics module that introduces new gameplay mechanics such as blocking and more dangerous mob AI
    (4) Siege module that introduces new fortification and building mechanics, such as support requirements of roofs and buildings (foundations) and new building materials

I will work on some documents describing each module in detail as well as a document on inter-module support. I may create a GitHub repository for this if anyone is interested in reviewing ideas etc.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.