[WIP] EasyAuction - Simplify Auctioning with management

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Jaker232, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jaker232

I have announced some spoilers earlier today about an auctioning plugin in the works behind. As a result, I have wanted to fully announce the development of EasyAuction by presenting what will be useful, and what's so different.

Benefits:
    1. Administrators with the admin nodes will have power in controlling auctions, from ending them or cancelling them. Useful if an auction gets out of control.
    2. The auctioning is done in a different chat, privately in a location set by the server owner.
    3. It's very easy to bid and start an auction, unlike any others. There is no hassle of command usage, but only if you don't mess up.
    4. It supports PermissionsEx (and Bukkit superperms) and iConomy. PermissionsEx is for the permission management and iConomy handles the auction transaction.
    5. You can see a history of auctions from the last reboot. If you were on for 12 hours, you would see the last 12 hours of auction. You can enable the option to log to a file all the auctions in the configuration system.
    6. The hoster of the auction has commands that could help, like /auction cancel that ends the auction in case a serious emergency happens. Alternatively to end with a winner, they would have to do /auction end.
    Those are the best benefits I can think of the plugin.

Progress
    Bidder's commands - 75%
    Administrator commands - 25%
    Configuration System - 0%
    iConomy Transaction - 0%
    PermissionsEx implementation - 0%
    Write new methods for addons - 0%

Post your ideas and support below. The more support I get, the faster I work.

2. Offline

Jaker232

WIP Plugin Update: 2/26/2012 (Build 1a)

Commands:
    * /auction start done
    * /auction bid done

Auctioning Handler:
    * Created an ItemStack instance to get the selling item for the auction
    * Created a bunch of fields for the current auction (host, current bid, etc)

Configuration:
    * Added checking if file exists, if not, writes a new one
    * Wrote 3 new configuration fields
    * Added 3 public fields to access for temporarily change

Please be aware, most of the plugin is glitchy at this very build and will not be recommended for use. It does not currently work as of many flaws. THERE IS NO TRUE DOWNLOAD. Most of the plugin is not complete, and the API has been not written yet. EDIT: AuctionHandler moved to API class, 100s of flaws popped up. Fixing

3. Offline

Jaker232

WIP Plugin Update: 2/27/2012 (Build 0a)
    Commands:
    * /auction end done

Auction Handling
    * Removed the priceWinner variable because what's the point if you're wiping data when it's just written?
    * Renamed a few variables
    * Created a new method: stopAuction(). It ends the auction with a winner

Instances:
    * Created countdown clock

The current build does NOT currently work as many flaws are still in and lots of features have not been implemented yet.

4. Offline

greatman

Instead of hooking only into iConomy you could hook into Vault and support every economy plugin!

5. Offline

Jaker232

Sure. Are you currently supporting the project?

6. Offline

greatman

Vault? Well I only wrote the hook for my economy plugin.

7. Offline

Jaker232

No, I mean this plugin

8. Offline

greatman

I would like a plugin like that. I tried WebAuciton but it's not doing what I want.

9. Offline

Jaker232

Sure. I'll work on it now, faster!
    EDIT: Follow me at twitter for instant notification of progress: https://twitter.com/#!/Jaker232Pwn0rz

10. Offline

Jaker232

I'm giving out a developer build VERY soon. It will be the first developer version of EasyAuction and uses some crap.

I have to finish these things:
    * Do administration commands
    * Have PermissionsEx supported

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.