[WIP][Admin] Infraction - Keep track of player infractions

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by mindless728, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mindless728

Infraction allows you to better keep track of warnings, kicks, and bans of players, as well as who gave the player a pardon on a specific issue

Commands: (<> - mandatory, {} - optional)
    • /infracts <player name> {page=1} - tells you the infractions a player has
    • /warn <player name> <reason> - gives a player a warning
    • /kick <player name> <reason> - kicks a player from the server
    • /ban <player name> <reason> - bans a player from the server
    • /pardon <player name> <infraction id> - pardons an infraction
    • /owarn <player name> <reason> - warns an offline player
    • /okick <player name> <reason> - kicks an offline player (used for severity)
    • /oban <player name> <reason> - bans an offline player
    The offline versions of warn/kick/ban are only usable by players with the admin permission

infractions are kept with the date, time, who infracted the player, what the infraction was (warn/kick/ban), the reason, and if pardoned the player who pardoned the infraction

This plugin also catches chat spammers, any one that tries to relay 5 or more messages per 20 server ticks gets an automatic ban (this includes infraction admins), the ban is kept in the infraction system so it can be pardoned

Permission Nodes:
    • infraction.mod - allows the player to use the plugin, but only against players not other moderators
    • infraction.admin - allows the player to infract anyone
    Download: Infraction

Note: i made this for my server and thought it was good enough to share with the Bukkit Community

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

mindless728

Found and fixed a stupid bug that stopped moderators (infraction.mod) from being able to use the plugin, consider it fixed

I am open to ideas for this plugin as whatever you think of might be good for my server as well as others who may end up using it

What it looks like in game when you given an infraction and view it with /infracts:
    [​IMG]

3. Offline

Malchus

I am somewhat confused, does it actually kick/ban/pardon the player? Or does it just log it?
    Pardon me, I am a bit slow at times.

Also, it would be cool if it logged it nice and neatly to a flat file or an SQL database.

4. Offline

mindless728

They are actually kicked/banned when using the appropriate commands

as for flatfile, i might think about it, but using an ObjectWriter/Reader is a lot easier

5. Offline

mindless728

Added code and features!

6. Offline

ThatBox

Ahhh. Very cool. So its technically just like a warn plugin?

7. Offline

mindless728

except it keeps track of who warned the player and if the warning was pardoned who pardoned them, i figured i would just place it here as I worked on it for my server

8. Offline

ThatBox

How about warning an offline player? That would be great.

9. Offline

mindless728

there is /owarn, /okick, /oban (they need infraction.admin)

10. Offline

mindless728

Next Steps:
    • Get a list of infractions a moderator gave out
    • Be able to search through the infractions of certain keywords
    • Re factor the code internally, its a bit messy atm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.