WinARank

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MrEmeraldGamer, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Miscellaneous/Admin Tools

Suggested name: WinARank

What I want: First of all, I would like a plugin that picks a few players when they join and gives them a rank for the day. My plugin would NEED compatibility with permissions plugins like "GroupManager" or "PermissionsEx".

WinARank is a plugin that allows players to win a rank for a day (24 hours)! Only a certain amount of players can win everyday and if you do not have the winarank.canwin permission then you cannot have the chance to win. If this style of plugin exists already please tell me.

Ideas for commands: /winrank off - Stops people from winning ranks.
    /winrank on - People can win ranks. The "how many players can win" counter will reset.
    /winrank reset - Resets the counter.

Ideas for permissions: winarank.canwin - This permission will only be given to players in the default "no-rank" rank. This is to stop players who already have a rank, winning it.

When I'd like it by: Anytime suitable for you. After all this is an idea and if you cannot make this or you do not have time, I do not mind.

The configuration (config.yml): It would need to be easy to change settings and I would like an option that allows you to:

1. Change how many player can win a rank per day.
    2. Change the message text that comes up when you win.
    3. Change which ranks are available to win (Linked to "GroupManager" or "PermissionsEx")

Credit will be given. Thank you for helping me and my server.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. Offline

GalileoPlugins

Hey,
    I'm interested to code you the plugin. It's not very hard to give/remove a permisson to/from a player with a plugin.
    Do I undestand your idea right and you want to choose some random players with the permisson winarank.canwin to win the rank when they join? Or should users who joinend last day and have the permisson winarank.canwin be able to win? I recommend the second way because you can choose, how many players can win it.
    If you speak German, I could also code you the plugin in my native language.

GalileoPlugins

3. Thank you very much. I am glad that finally someone wants to help me. If someone won the previous day, they should still be in with a chance to win it again - it would be luck! When the player joins the server the "24 hour timer" should start. If you win then in chat it would say something along the lines of: "[Win A Rank] {Player} has won a rank! Well done! Maybe you could be a winner too?!" and that could be customisable in the config. Sadly, I do not speak German so I would like the plugin in English.

Thank you very much.

- MrEmeraldGamer

4. Offline

GalileoPlugins

I just don't undestand how you want to choose the players, which get the rank. I will do it so, please write if you want it diffrent:
    In the night from all players, which played the last three days on the server, will a determined amount logged in the config. If they join, they will receive for 24h the rank.

~ GalileoPlugins

5. It's quite simple, a customisable amount of random players will be chosen and a rank (Customisable and using "PermissionsEx" or "GroupManager") will be given to them. Thanks.

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@MrEmeraldGamer Fun fact: If you have Vault, then plugins which use Vault for group or permission interfaces will work with your server, regardless of what permission plugin you have.

7. Offline

Puzikovs

@GalileoPlugins @MrEmeraldGamer I'm sorry to interrupt, but as far as i understood from MrEmeraldGamer, he wants the plugin basically get random 3 players picked at midnight and given statuss (command) that will be taken off in a specific time.

Well maybe i might suggest something like this. What if, rather then picking all 3 players, should be configurable in settings, the plugin would randomly give someone status by the daytime itself.

Like in a 24 hour cap there would be 3 time stamps, where ir would take %Radom player and just give him a statuss, afterwards taking it off the next day at the same time, or as in 24 hours.

What could be easier in my case is that, the plugin doesnt need any leaky configurations, since you can set what time it will pick the random player out of the current ones online - then you can set the time when most of your players are online and they will keep being online.

Another thing what i wanted to ask is, is it even possible that the plugin takes in memory who got the Status? and is it even possible taking it off in 24 h hours? as far as i see it, it will need SQL database usage. for storing player data and time.

8. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Puzikovs Or just a config file.
    Everything is possible.

9. Offline

Puzikovs

@timtower A config file most likely will be there, since this plugin has some specifications it needs to do, not to be ment just for 1 thing, on 1 server. It is in the developers interests to make it multi-funcional.

What i wanted to say was my opinion, maybe it would be easier to make it that way, since i did not make the thread, its the developers and the thread creators conversation, im just giving my idea out for them, in case that might come in handy. ^^

10. @GalileoPlugins @Puzikovs I mean to pick a customisable amount of players throughout the day and count 24 hours since you give the rank to them.

11. Offline

GalileoPlugins

Hey,
    I'm sorry I didn't understand it immediately. I'm coding it know. Probably today or tomorrow I will send you a download link.

~ GalileoPlugins

12. Offline

GalileoPlugins

I'm sorry,
    but because I have to do some school stuff, I need some more time. Sorry :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.