[WIN2k8] yeah i need help with my mc

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by littleclaz, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

littleclaz

right basically..
    im running windows server 2008 r2.
    and using the latest bukkit,
    i have java installed and i can run it and stuff.
    but the only thing is
    each time anyone of my friends or even i try connecting using my external address or even my domain name i get connection refused.
    BUT I CAN CONNECT USING LOCAL IP
    PORTS ARE FOWARDED

i did a test by installing debian on a virtual box and mouting the mcsever folder and running it on debian and everyone can connect using domain name and external ip

my win2k8 has the firewall accepting connections on the port (port 84) udp and tcp protocol and even outgoing ports are allowed aswell
    i have ess 4 with its firewall disabled

i have disabled my firewall and all my protection on my router and my server but to no avail
    please help asap
    -Stephen

bump its urgent

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  2. Offline

Andre_9796

That MUST work if the ports are right forwarded. Check this please. And NEVER NEVER NEVER say latest. Say the build number as admins said in the top posts on each page.

3. Offline

TnT

Your ports are either not forwarded properly, or your firewall is not configured properly (or both). Double check.

Don't use port 84 though. Its generally not a good idea to try to use a port below 1024 - that alone could be your problem.

4. Offline

littleclaz

umm. the ports are fowarded as i checked..
    and i did a test in the debian..
    and when i unfowarded the port it said connection refused/unnable to connect
    and when i fowarded the port it allowed connection

well its not as i said it works on my debian.. and im using it now for a select few hosting off this exact machine with the port 84 and iv e always used 84 eversince hmod im not a newbie hoster i have done all the checks and it was working a couple of days ag

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

TnT

Ok, if you've checked everything you're good to go then. CraftBukkit itself won't give you issues connecting.

6. Offline

littleclaz

soo why cant anyone connect using my domain name or external ip? using my windows,, but on my debian they can :/

7. Offline

TnT

Because you haven't configured windows properly. Why you would ever want to move from Linux to Windows is beyond me. :oops:

8. Offline

mughi

if it was working a couple of days ago and is broken now, something has changed.
    any ideas what?
    • system reboots
    • bukkit/plugin updates
    • windows updates
    • internal/external ip address
    • phase of moon
    • color of underpants

9. Offline

littleclaz

ok ive figuerd it out ¬.¬ the other admin updaed java and it wasnt in the firewall list ¬.¬ 2days wasted im pissed

10. Offline

mughi

i assume this virtual box runs on separate hardware from your 2008 machine?

allow traffic by port and not program..

11. Offline

littleclaz

no it was on same machine but i got it working on my windows.. which what i installed virtual box to test if it was the router

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.