will Minecraft 1.8 Maps update to 1.0.0?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CatMan8, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CatMan8

Before you respond,
    I created (generated) a map on bukkit 1.8 (so it has the NPC-less villages and other 1.8 such features BUT NO SNOW and other things that were taken out of the 1.8)

If and when bukkit is update to 1.0.0 and I and I update my bukkit server, will my map be updated to the 1.0.0 version?

IF not, what about if I use the same seed? will the map be exactly the same expect it will have npc's and snow (tundra) biomes and the END and other such 1.0.0 ne map features?

Thanks!

2. Offline

HotelErotica

There will be no changes to the terrain already generated, only new content will appear in newly generated terrain. Even you use the exact same seed I doubt you'll get the exact same map since I'm almost positive the coding for terrain generation has changed, But take that with a grain of salt I'm not completely sure I bet someone else will have more insight.

3. Offline

Tsusai

Terrain Generation changed. You will see chunk alignment issues similar from 1.7 to 1.8. Also snow biome is back, and your existing areas might have their biomes changed. My spawn point on one of my maps went from forest to snow.

4. Offline

CatMan8

Thanks for the input

Still open for other answers

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  5. Offline

croxis

Newly generated npc villages will have npcs, existing ones will not. I do know the stronghold count increased after 1.8, but I do not know if a brand new map is needed for it or not. I also do not know the ender interface yet.

Also you may wish to use a map editing program to trim your map and to smooth out the rough edges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.