Why use the default picture in the top-right corner?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Jnorr44, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jnorr44

I tried to find this on the feedback thread list, but couldnt find it. This has been bugging me forever, as I am into the whole "make the dev page pretty" thing.

Why do we have to use the default picture in the top right corner? I just want an image for the list when people look at it, and I want to add my own banner at the top of the page. If I use a banner and a default image, it moves the banner down farther (unless I make the banner small, which is annoying and sometimes makes it too small), making it so viewers have to scroll down to see the description. Is there any way the bukkitdev staff could make it so you don't have to have the default picture in the top right corner? I really believe this is one reason why many developers do not use default images, creating a tough decision: Use a default image, or a banner?

Thanks for listening to my feedback!
    -Jnorr44

Buxxy likes this.
  2. Offline

chaseoes

+1, it's very annoying and screws up my formatting.

3. Offline

Jnorr44

Exactly! And it has to have been more work putting it in the upper corner (for the staff), so why do it?

4. Offline

makskay

Agreed, the messed-up formatting is the reason I haven't assigned default images to any of my projects.

Buxxy likes this.
  5. Offline

TnT

This is just how BukkitDev works, there is no extra effort required by staff to have this feature.

This won't be changed until templates can be finished by Curse, which we are all patiently waiting to happen.

6. Offline

lol768

I wish BukkitDev was open-source, then we could all help out via pull requests.

7. Offline

Jnorr44

Ohh thats why. When do you think templates can be finished by curse?

8. Offline

TnT

Jnorr44
    That is a fantastic question, but not one I have any good answer for. This is an incredibly huge task Curse has in front of them, and it is not going nearly as fast as anyone would like.

9. Offline

Gravity

I also agree that is is a bit annoying, and there should at least be a toggle for it. However, as TnT has already stated, we are waiting on Curse's template project to finish before we hassle them with all this stuff, that way BukkitDev will, in the future, be easily updated, changed, and made more user-friendly as you guys request things.

Curse has been very kind in providing the assistance of their developers and other staff in order to help us make DBO bigger and better, and as soon as that is done you can rest assured that we've got a huge list of ideas that have come from you guys that we're giddy to implement :D

lol768 and np98765 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.