Which is better: GroupUsers or Permissions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Eddiekins, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Eddiekins

I am not attempting to antagonise/instigate a fight.
    I'm trying to run a very minimalistic server (mod-wise) and that unfortunately means I need to be very stringent about which mods I run, so I would like to know:
    For managing user ranks/levels, which is the most apt tool?
    All I need to do is assign a user a rank, and certain commands to that rank.
    Thank you.

2. Offline

kairondio

Well first off, GroupUsers's developer has decided to stop supporting/updating it so...... Its going to break...

Permissions is said to work well, although it is a bit more complex to format (IMO) but its worth taking a look at.

The thing you should keep in mind though is that Bukkit is planning to integrate a permissions system into bukkit itself, and this should make a permissions plugin unnecessary.

3. Offline

Eddiekins

Would you suggest I used Permissions from now until such time as an official permissions system is released? Thank you.

4. Offline

TnT

I think that is entirely up to you and how you want to run your server. If you want permissions, then it might be a good idea.

5. Offline

kairondio

If you need a solid permissions system and are starting from scratch, yeah... Keep in mind, however, that it does not support all plugins permissions, and is a bit tricky....
    and you may have to reformat you permissions when the official (bukkit) one is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.