which build should i use?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kenneth123, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kenneth123

hey guys, im starting a new server tonight.
    which craftbukkit build do you guys recommend so i can run the latest plugin versions for plugins like worldedit,worldguard,essentials,war?
    could you please give me a link
    many thx
    kenneth

2. Offline

solentice

First, search through the Plugin Releases threads to make sure all the plugins you want to use are compatible with at least the same recommended build number of craftbukkit. They usually state the compatible builds in the thread titles, like [492-556], or [602], and if not, then ask people in their respective threads. It might happen that you need to use older versions of certain plugins because they haven't been updated to work with a certain build like your other plugins, so be prepared to find those older versions. Then, you can go here and get any craftbukkit build you need(stick to the ones with green stars, they are the recommended builds): http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/

3. Offline

BigRedWood

Apparently 602 (the latest recommended) is not compatible with any of my plugins. This is the first time this has happened to me where a recommended has failed to work with every plugin in my list. Give it a few days for the plugin developers to catch up to recommended before you use 602.

4. Offline

Killie01

always use the recommed build, that is what the plugin developers are aiming for

5. Offline

solentice

Exactly. Never just install a newly released recommended build on day of release. You always should make sure that your current plugins have been updated to be compatible with that newest recommended build before you go and deploy it on your working server, and depending on the plugin developers, that may take a day or two(sometimes more).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.