When will CraftBukkit for 1.3 be released?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

With the Minecraft 1.3 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.3. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the size of the impending 1.3 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.3. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.3 preview was made available to the public, a lot of things were added, removed and changed in Minecraft from 1.2.5 and, as such, this update requires more work than usual to get things up and running. That being said, we'll continue to do our best to get an update out within a reasonable amount of time and will likely follow our usual policy of promoting the first Recommended Build the moment we get something that compiles and runs without any testing done whatsoever.

As we have done a significant amount of important work on CraftBukkit 1.2.5 builds since our last RB, we'll be promoting a new Recommended Build shortly. This is done so that people have a reliable, stable build to use until we can get a 1.3 compatible build out and so that everyone who relies on Recommended Builds are able to take advantage of all the fixes, improvements and so on we've done since the last 1.2.5 RB.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support; we greatly appreciate it!

2. Offline

Jo$h

For those who like to complain about free things. The world has and always will work in a continuous loop of waiting for things. You wait in line at the grocery store checkout. You wait when you're stuck in traffic. You wait, wait, wait. And guess what, You will ALWAYS have to wait. Waiting is part of life.

Ice Cream costs money, but when you have to wait in line at the Dairy Queen, you don't throw a fit and ask to see the manager, because you know that the employees in the back are taking extra care to ensure that you are getting a quality product. If those employees provided you with your ice cream before it was ready, don't you think you'd have wished to wait an extra couple minutes to get better ice cream? Same thing with Bukkit.

Now, don't you also think that if you complained to a manager at the DQ about how long your ice cream was taking the employees would be pissed off at you? Of Course they would! They were working so hard to get you the best ice cream possible and you practically slapped them in the face.

We have a problem today with entitlement. People believe they are entitled to things that they don't deserve. The worst part: They believe that they are also entitled to get them whenever they want to. One of the main reason's people are so used to instant gratification is because of our beloved internet. Whatever you want, whenever you want, It is always here, at your fingertips. Waiting isn't taught to today's kids like it used to be. Everyone is so used to getting things whenever they want, whenever they want, that they forget they are going to have to tough it out and wait.

We run into this problem all the time. Patience has gone to hell. I love the interwebz, but there are some downsides.

russjr08, PunJedi, Lelo and 4 others like this.
  3. Offline

ricktza

1.3.1 + bukkit is going to be the bomb. =D

§corch likes this.
  4. Offline

strontkever

5. Offline

FlyingMongoose

Jo$h, amazingly well said and it applies to a lot more than just Bukkit!

Jo$h likes this.
  6. Offline

strontkever

any more poems?

7. Offline

ikob3AST

I make meaningful posts telling you the truth yet this debate continues. On EvilSeph's twitter he explains bukkit is finished so now this meaningless debate SHOULD END. Give the moderators a break if they even care anymore.

Jo$h likes this.
  8. Offline

XxDoomreaperxX

Man now I'm hungry for Dairy Queen.

9. Offline

strontkever

well spoken +1

10. Offline

Sellak

I'm just fed up with both of the team here. The ones that complain about when the update is gonna come out(just shut up already). But I'm also fed up with the guys that give a SH*T about'em!

11. yeah i said that i didnt mean they caused it.When i meant that i mean whats the hold up!? and xD now its back to normal now that i explained whats happening.

12. Offline

strontkever

And number 3! Strike!

Derjyn likes this.
  13. Offline

Brcojo

I don't blame yah for being ticked off at the public. :D Your doing a great job. Writing the source code,making new new graphics and every thing elce is not easy.

14. Offline

xaneo001

OMG the anticipation im so excited :p EvilSeph knows how to build up suspense :p :D I cant wait and I thank you for all your time :D

15. Offline

neilwato

Hi all,

My son has been playing MC for about a month and all day long it's "hey dad check this out!" or "wanna see something cool dad?" Needless to say, it's exciting to see how excited he is. So yesterday, on a whim, I picked up my own copy of MC and set up a bukkit server with essentials etc. I wanted to play with him, and also give his friends a safe place where they can all play together. I got it all set up last night. Port forwarding working? Check! Everyone can log in? Check!

Anywho...neither of us knew to not upgrade the client when prompted. This morning, bam! Not able to play on the server. Now, you might think this is a troll post or a "poor me" post or even a "WHEN WILL I GET MAH SERVERZ?!" post. Not at all. I just thought it was funny that I had such poor timing. Literally 6 hours after I got everything set up an update landed. Crazy!

Anyway, as a developer I know this stuff takes time and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. Nice to see that this community exists and I look forward to frequenting the boards in the future. Thanks again for the hard work!

Lelo, skullraid003 and Derjyn like this.
  16. Offline

strontkever

17. Offline

xaneo001

18. S0 do we need to wait Hours days months weeks? LETS GO BUKKIT! :D

19. Offline

dreadiscool

I'd like to see you even attempt a project a fraction the size of this scale. Not only are you insulting the people who are putting away their time for YOU, but you are acting as if they owe it to you. Most of the team is probably working overtime without pay, so you might as well shut up.

While you wait, casually hitting F5 every few seconds, going to the bathroom, maybe grabbing some chips to eat, these guys are working their butts off to get this out ASAP. Can you at least show a little respect? They're putting in so much time and effort, and in the end, the only thing they get are a bunch of 'Thank yous'. Of course, it all looks good on paper, but you can't eat virtual paper.

So not only do they have to manage their finances and their job, but they have to work on Bukkit. And sadly no, they cannot eat virtual paper, so all you are doing is wasting everyone's time. Bukkit will come out when Bukkit comes out, and not a nanosecond before.

You are just an arrogant little kit. This is the real world, things aren't just 'handed out to you' on a silver platter. Scratch that, with Bukkit, IT IS. THEY GIVE YOU THE FILES (FOR FREE) TELL YOU HOW TO USE IT (FOR FREE) AND, DID I MENTION, DO THIS COMPLETELY FOR FREE. So please, show some respect to to these people. They're doing the community a great service.

Maybe if you donated around $10,000, you would be able to demand results. Unfortuneatly, you won't do that, so don't talk trash about Bukkit's hardworking staff.

20. Offline

TnT

We always care.

Still working on it. Still testing.

Bilbo Baggins likes this.
  21. Offline

Bilbo Baggins

fireswap... reported for ignorance

only if i could.

22. Offline

Brcojo

Thanks for the heads up! :D once they get it released im am going to spread the news all over youtube. Thank you
    to all staff of bukkit! :D

farkros likes this.
  23. Offline

Gu3rr1lla

Keep up the great work guys. Please take your time and be as lazy as you want (coding is about having fun imo). Being a developer myself it is very easy for me to empathize but for those that can't why don't you try developing software before you complain?

skullraid003 and Bilbo Baggins like this.
  24. Offline

ikob3AST

Well I'm glad to hear it.

25. Offline

XxDoomreaperxX

I have only been on this site for barely an hour and i already am amazed that Bukkit even does what it does for a bunch of entitled brats that think that their second rate servers are what the world revolves around, I mean common. If all of you complainers are accomplishing anything it is only slowing down the release not speeding it up so just shut your mouths and wait!!!

farkros and Bilbo Baggins like this.
  26. Offline

aequasi

i feel like there should be an age requirement to downloading bukkit....

27. Offline

WeFightCreepers

Cool, We care to! I really appreciate what you guys are doing for bukkit. If it wasn't for you guys, Minecraft Multiplayer most likely wouldn't be as popular as it is now! If I had a working card, I would donate to you guys!

MineirosPT likes this.
  28. Offline

Brcojo

Im just encourageing the bukkit team because thay have been working so hard. :D

29. Offline

farkros

I cant believe kid's these day's how they talk to people!

Jo$h likes this.
  30. So......let me get this straight? your getting mad because bukkit updating takes time? i said the smae thing untill i remebered that not everything is going to be ready in 2 seconds.We are all lucky that theres someting as simple and easy as bukkit.Running a server like the ones we have now are most awesome.EvilSeph definitly is busy.So what if we have to wait 2 days the updates out make some videos and share some worlds! play LAN with freinds untill the update comes out!

31. Offline

RiotShielder

Are we at Tomato% yet?

Derjyn and Jo$h like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.