When will CraftBukkit for 1.3 be released?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

With the Minecraft 1.3 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.3. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the size of the impending 1.3 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.3. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.3 preview was made available to the public, a lot of things were added, removed and changed in Minecraft from 1.2.5 and, as such, this update requires more work than usual to get things up and running. That being said, we'll continue to do our best to get an update out within a reasonable amount of time and will likely follow our usual policy of promoting the first Recommended Build the moment we get something that compiles and runs without any testing done whatsoever.

As we have done a significant amount of important work on CraftBukkit 1.2.5 builds since our last RB, we'll be promoting a new Recommended Build shortly. This is done so that people have a reliable, stable build to use until we can get a 1.3 compatible build out and so that everyone who relies on Recommended Builds are able to take advantage of all the fixes, improvements and so on we've done since the last 1.2.5 RB.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support; we greatly appreciate it!

2. Offline

CraftMeCake

Is there a 1.3 beta craftbukkit?

3. Offline

JeKaWo

and what have you been programming?? a program that sorts your documents?? a AAA game??

4. Offline

Derjyn

Eck. It is what it is- there will be damage control with the members of the servers. I've personally got a quick n' dirty 1.3 vanilla server running... peeps keep connecting, stick around for 1 or 2 minutes, then bounce. Heh. Gonna have to throw one heck of an event to make them forget this hiccup! What a worthwhile excuse to party though...

5. Offline

Tyrus7141

no

6. Offline

CraftMeCake

dang

7. Offline

Tyrus7141

i program games. all kinds of games. small and large.

8. Offline

Derjyn

Perhaps he's been "programming" a AAA title in which you sort documents.

9. Offline

KarlCullinane

no.

10. Offline

ezremake

Now the question is, which plugins are going to immediately become unusable?

11. Offline

irkenelite86

you all realize that the bukkit team is making the update at NO cost to the rest of you right? I mean, its free. stop your whining and let them build it. more time spent means less chance of bugs... we wouldn't want bugs now would we?

Bukkit Staff, Thank you for your continuous and wonderful work.

javoris767 likes this.
  12. Offline

smilling_Death

What kind of games?

13. Offline

NobleAssassan

Win u Think We Can Get a Eta I Glad to see u guys Working Hard tow

14. Offline

JeKaWo

examples? i can write a tic-tac-toe in about 1 hour with working AI i wrote on a text based RPG for three months. What are your small and large? i thought my RPG would take a week, and turns out there was a lot of holes that needed fixing..

15. Offline

Nyoung3

Most of the plugins that use any of the updated features in minecraft or bukkit probably will be prone to breakage. (not saying that they WILL break, but they could.)

16. Offline

PunJedi

Seeing just the surface of what you guys are up against, it is very hard to imagine what it is like when Jeb/Crew have to roll out a quick fix or update. For all my banter and gripe I must say I am highly impressed with your entire crew.

At every level you show patience, and dedication to the entire project. Watching you guys/gals go through your own heartaches and hassles has only served to bolster the resolve of those like myself and others. From the player to the core game itself and everything in between, we are all part of this Craftiverse and I thank you for your time and skills.

Your efforts and actions do not go un-appreciate (contrary to some) and I can honestly say I am honored to be a Bukkit-Based server. Now, is it ready yet ? :)

Nyoung3 and irkenelite86 like this.
  17. Offline

lukeycold

im doing the same

18. Offline

effortless

They don't know the bugs until we tell them, they release it untested

"will likely follow our usual policy of promoting the first Recommended Build the moment we get something that compiles and runs without any testing done whatsoever"

19. Offline

georgezondaf123

Wut

smilling_Death likes this.
  20. Offline

Kenevert

With the current knowledge of how the new bukkit build is going to be, will we have to update all our plugins or most of them?

21. Offline

JeKaWo

what in my post are you confused about?

22. Offline

Nyoung3

Yes and no. Some will need updates, some won't. It all depends on what changes in the code between minecraft and bukkit. We have some plugins that still work on 1.2.5, and they're from 1.0..

23. Offline

ezremake

Oh I forgot to ask! My world size is very small right now (1500x1500) with a border, if I expand the border, say double the map size, will the new biome features render on the new land?

24. Offline

UltraFaceguy

/thread.

25. Offline

PunJedi

As mentioned before, it is a matter of "Could" or "Might". Chances are that most plugins in their current state will need to be updated. That doesn't mean a few of them won't work though. I have been using a couple plugins that went obsolete many builds ago but still manage to work.

The power hungry ones like iConomy/BOSE or Multiverse, WorldGuard will most like need updates.

Ones like AutoAnnounce, or text/broadcast ones should be ok. Anything that ties into player events though, tends to need updating on every build. Mostly.

26. Offline

effortless

yes

27. Offline

Nyoung3

They should as far as I am aware.

28. Offline

Morlanius

i think you lot are being rude and silly, hes given you no evidence that he hasn't done good programming. You just make yourselves look really up-yourself.
    You are obviously just kids from the maturity level of your replies, nothing against being a kid, however, that doesn't leave you much room to have done anything serious yourself? Worked for many software houses, oop, i mean software companies, they haven't called themselves software houses for a couple of decades now.

Can you see a point gently poking though the lines of text, revealing itself to you?

29. Offline

Alofoxx

no

30. Offline

KarlCullinane

They should render into any chunk that has not been previously loaded into memory.

31. Offline

PunJedi

Yes, but you get the unsightly "Biome Blending" that can happen. Imagine a flat desert suddenly meeting up with a high mountains biome :) It could get ugly, but a lil world edit and voila, good as new.

Don't mean to nitpick but your slightly misleading. Large plugins like Essentials and Factions would very likely need to be updated. They have hooks into too many features not to need updating. Anything that large and robust that ties into so many features of the game, will need to be updated to handle the new ID's and Events. I am only slightly aware of what goes into coding but from my time hosting I can tell you that it is safer to assume you will need to update everything especially with a full 1.? and not just a 1.#.? if that makes sense.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.