When will Bukkit be updated for Minecraft 1.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Staff Update - July 1, 2013:
    This thread is not from 2013. This thread is about the 2011, BETA version of Minecraft 1.6. There is no ETA for the 2013 Minecraft 1.6 update, as always. Please do not ask staff about when an update will happen, as they have no estimate for you. Again, this thread is not relevant to today's update.

Update 2 - June 23, 2011 at 9:12PM EST:
    New Recommended Build #928.

This Recommended Build addresses a few API issues and provides Plugin Developers with more events to work with, allowing more awesome plugins to be made. Unfortunately, this new RB WILL break some plugins (mostly plugins that deal with controlling a player's movement - details can be found near the end of this announcement). As always, please be sure to backup your server before updating just in case!

See this post for more information.

Update - May 30th, 2011 at 5:55PM EST:
    Since the release of Minecraft 1.6, we've seen quite a few rapid-fire bugfix updates from Mojang addressing issues the community has noticed and reported back on. While we're glad Mojang are on top of things and getting updates out there quickly to improve the community's experience, this does result in extra work on our part since we have to re-do some of the work we've completed for the previous update. As a result, I made the decision to hold off on getting a build out for Minecraft 1.6 until we were able to evaluate the update and decide if that is what we feel we should do or not.

Over the weekend, that is what we have been busy doing. Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to handle the situation as much as I would have liked, leading to a lack of communication on our part with you guys, our community. Nevertheless, my team was happily and diligently working on the update and in regular contact with me. Still, I would like to apologise for our lack of communication, I simply was not in a position to do so.

That being said, we have noticed a few issues with the update that we've been able to address, so we are leaning towards bringing out a build for Minecraft 1.6.5. Though this build may not address all the issues we've found, it is still usable and produces a playable server with a decent experience. However, I am not yet sure if this build will qualify for recommendation.

Please bear this in mind when using the build: it is not fully supported (though we welcome detailed, useful bug reports) and not recommended (we can't guarantee stability) to use. There are some Minecraft vanilla issues that Mojang need to address that are beyond the scope of our project to fix and we are still touching things up (like Nether/multiworld support).

If you want to use the build we'll be pushing soon, please backup your server and make sure you understand the risks before doing so. Once again, we cannot guarantee that it won't eat your cake or spawn tiny creeper babies that take over your world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure we're all aware, Mojang released Minecraft 1.6 today (Thursday, May 26, 2011) around 5AM EST and we've been hard at work getting a build out that is compatible with Minecraft 1.6 out. Since the release, Minecraft has seen quite a few small bugfix updates addressing some unnoticed bugs and we've pretty easily kept up with them. Unfortunately, there appear to be some issues with the update that is making the game unplayable for SMP players, so we've decided to wait for a bugfix update before we recommend any builds.

Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.6, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a Recommended Build for 1.6 until we have something stable to work with.

That being said, we recommend everyone stay on 1.5 for a while until the showstopping issues are fixed and we can get a new, stable, compatible build out.

You can already get CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4, but it is unsupported and not recommended.

I'll be scouring the internet for further reports on how Minecraft 1.6 is performing, but preliminary research and our own testing has revealed it as unplayable due to chunks sporadically loading or not loading.

jeussa, Azell, khamseen_air and 34 others like this.
  2. Don't bother updating. InstaBreak is broken, SimpleWarp is broken, chunk errors are abundant, and it is laggy as s**t.

3. Offline

{TTS} TMF4200

they update, then we get countless messages asking us why our servers are not updated. or why they cannot connect.
    in my MOTD it states, "DO NOT UPDATE MINECRAFT WHEN ONE IS RELEASED". Yet when one comes out, my average is two to three players online at a time that didnt update :/

4. Offline

xplosion545

Having the same problem

5. Offline

iSushi

1.6.5 is out! Finally! :)
    Released five minutes ago.

6. Offline

fyrus12345

notch Markus Persson
    Minecraft Beta 1.6.5 is out. Let me know how it is.

7. Offline

Trumple

Thanks for working on the weekend, on behalf of the interwebs :p
    Gee if only he'd post here

8. Offline

Zerro

Here's my issue:
    It's already been three days right (today is saturday) since 1.6 came out and there hasn't been a patch update for 1.6.5 since the first day it came out. I want to know if the problems have been resolved in 1.6.4 or are they just trying to fixing everything and put it into 1.6.5??

Same thing applies to Craftbukkit; It's been two days since their initial post and that's it. Are they actually working on a stable release or have they halted production until 1.6 becomes stable to work with? Just a notification would be nice as to what's going on. Since I don't know what's going on, I feel very restricted on my server as well as the other members. We don't have warps anymore so trying to get to the projects is currently impossible because the maps don't work right and it's easy to get lost.

One last thing; I think Notch should have a place where you could download older clients. I did keep my 1.5 server *.jar but I don't have the client and neither do the other members that are a part of the server.

COMMUNICATION is all I'm looking for. If it's going to take awhile, then I'd like to know.

9. Offline

Takato

3 days to fix 2 bugs and create 2 new ones.

I've lost complete interest in minecraft over the past few months because nothing seems to move forward.
    I'm really disappointed.

soulreafer likes this.
  10. Offline

Kainzo

Going to cut someone if they dont start reading.

xorvious and pagan0ne like this.
  11. Offline

akrieger

There hasn't been a patch for 1.6.5 because 1.6.5 came out, oh... about half an hour ago. Bukkit is under 0 obligation to tell you anything, ever. The devs working on Bukkit are doing so 100% on a volunteer basis. Furthermore, they are constrained by Notch's releases even more so than we are, since with every release they have to deobfuscate the new source and hope that the changes introduced aren't subtle or too arcane to decode. This alone can take a couple hours.

As far as halting production, or seeing what's going on, there is an easy way to check. http://ci.bukkit.org or https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/commits/master both tell you exactly up-to-the-minute what changes have happened and what their status is.

12. Offline

dorbian

no offence, they posted on their main page they will continue development on Bukkit when Minecraft has a stable build.

Logically speaking, as soon as minecraft has a large amount of bugs that make playing nearly impossible troubleshooting for bukkit is also nearly impossible.

they also want to make sure any bugs that do come up are bugs from minecraft, and not bukkit.

As everybody stated, it's there when it's there, they communicate a whole lot more then Mojang does so i think there is absolutely no reason to complain.

-D

pagan0ne likes this.
  13. Offline

Oliver Moss

NOOOOO!!!! Just when i was setting up a server

Prfndhatrd likes this.
  14. Offline

Dunnford

Do we have any idea of when there will be a new version of CraftBukkit?

15. Offline

jamescosten

Same shit different Update, people not listening, people moaning, Meanwhile im here with a drink in my hand playing 1.5 because i was smart enough to do so. Also I have patience which seems a skill lacking in this thread.....chill people, unwind and have a drink with me.....

....Mines a jack and coke :)

16. Offline

Prfndhatrd

Wow. There have been numerous updates to Minecraft AND Bukkit. How were you not expecting this to happen? Or the people on your server? I advised everyone on my server not to update to 1.6 until I told them to. This is a very simple step to follow. Waiting for Bukkit to update for a new version of Minecraft is nothing new. This happened with 1.5, and with 1.4! There IS communication. It's called read the original post. If they had something new for you, they would post it. If you hate it so much, go run a vanilla server and stop poisoning this post. Also, if you want Communication from Notch, go read his f****** twitter.

17. Offline

ShockBuddy

I hope Notch fix fast all the Bug, Wanna Bukkit for 1.6 :'(

18. Offline

neko259

1.6.5 made even more bugs. What more can I say?

19. Offline

marcram

which bugs?!

20. Offline

MineFreakz

Could you poste the bugs? Btw: you can twitter the bugs to notch which would make him able to fix them faster

21. Offline

Alrin

22. Offline

neko259

23. Offline

khaos2005

Just downloaded 1.6.5 and the lag is i would say back to normal! And as for bugs i haven't noticed anything. But i do have my 12 yr old son messing around on there for the time to see what develop's, Hope it's stable enough for a bukkit update so i can get my server back online since all my people did the dummie thing! lol

24. Offline

Marcos Pereira

Yeah people. You just keep complaining, but tell me how much do you pay the bukkit staff for their work? you should thank them for their patience on keeping to update every time notch adds something new. And seriously, you should thank notch for working on a Saturday. He is rich now, he could just leave the game like that. Be Grateful for these people hard work.

BearFather and caleb moya like this.
  25. Offline

xplosion545

Woop, woop.

26. Offline

jamescosten

Looks like Notch is not fixing ths weekend, in his recent post he syas will fix after weekend........
    er no you f***en idiot fix it now.

Also the bugs he has fixed is nothing compared to the bugs he created.......same old notch

27. Offline

[qwerty]

I heard 1.6.5 is out, maybe they will be able to get a reccommended builde out now...;)
    [cake] = good

28. Offline

heroanth2345

Yep actually it's out
    I'm sure bukkit community is already aware of that. (IF not, I wish)
    :)

29. Offline

Skable

I think you misinterpreted.

30. Offline

Lord_Gibbles

Can someone make a list of bugs for 1.6.5?

31. Offline

Skable

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

• Advanced OpenGL re-added.
    • Framerate cap can now be changed, with toggles of 40 FPS, 90 FPS and 200 FPS.
    • Improvements for slow and old computers.
    Bug Fixes:
    • Dropped equipment no longer breaks on the first use.
    • Objects will now be pushed out if they are within a block.
    • Lighting acts normal again when placing/removing torches.
    • The game no longer crashes when shift-clicking to put items in a chest that is already full and vice versa.
    • Fixed CPU issue on multiplayer.
    • Saving while crouched no longer consistently teleports the player into blocks above or below when loading the save.
    • Exiting a Minecart or moving from one Minecart to another will no longer bump the original Minecart and make it move.
    • Fixed the achievements window rendering some graphics outside the clip window.
    • Fixed the players health appearing to be full when entering/exiting the nether.
    New Bugs:
    • Multiple portals aren't working correctly in SMP.
    • Sometimes you cannot pick up items dropped onto cobblestone.
    • Framerate limit can not be removed, but setting Framerate limit at 90 or 200 FPS allows FPS to exceed this.[1]
    • Setting Framerate Limit to 40 FPS may increase CPU usage on some computers.[2]
    • Holding a map in a boat can cause the left arm to be too high.[3]
    • It is no longer possible to use up all crafting materials at once by shift-clicking.
    • After you teleport to the nether, you will experience the swirl screen as if you were heading back as soon as you arrived. This won't teleport you though, but the animation won't stop until you move.
    • Sometimes when trying to lie down on the bed, it fails and removes one half of the heart in MP.
    • Shadows sometimes do not update.
    • Looking backwards whilst traveling in a minecart causes it to flash rapidly.
    • Sometimes blocks and items respawn in SMP, but you don't get anything from them anymore, you get lots of lag on reconnect.
    • Difficulty may revert to "Easy" when you load a save, at least when you had it previously on "Peaceful."
    • Wolves get hit while standing on furnaces and can't move while on them.
    • Sometimes objects are continuously cloning after death.[4]
    • Tools that have been used, dropped, then picked up, and thus display a health bar, will break when used not only when used properly but also if used to activate a lever or other such device.
    • Respawn after death results in being stuck until breaking block below. Does not occur at all spawn points. [5]
    • If you switch from windowed to fullscreen when in a map, the mouse movement will be limited by the screen borders. This can be fixed by switching into your inventory.
    • Beds no longer work in SMP.

Lord_Gibbles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.