Solved When I join, it crashes.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Keoni506, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Keoni506

Whenever a player joins my server, it crashes, always with a pool-3 warning. What's wrong and how can I fix it?

Code:
    [21:12:27 WARN]: Exception in thread "pool-3-thread-10"
    [21:12:27 WARN]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:56)
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    [21:12:27 WARN]: Exception in thread "pool-3-thread-13"
    [21:12:27 WARN]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:56)
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    [21:12:27 WARN]:    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    [21:12:29 ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    [21:12:30 INFO]: Stopping server

2. Offline

Gerov

Keoni506 Plugin list please.

Put it in a spoiler.

3. Offline

Keoni506

[​IMG][​IMG]

Gerov Sorry, for double-posting but I couldn't figure out how to put it in a spoiler so I used imgur.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

Gerov

I believe this may just be a bug in the actual game.

5. Offline

Keoni506

Gerov Actual Minecraft or Bukkit?

6. Offline

FiberSprite

Use this as your run.bat it will fix that problem
    Keoni506

Code:
    java -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:PermSize=1G -XX:MaxPermSize=2G -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    PAUSE

7. Offline

Keoni506

How would I configure that to add more memory?

8. Offline

mmuziek

change the permsize and maxpermsize to for example 3G for 3 gigs of ram

9. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError you ran out of memory, you should remove some plugins or increase the ram memory.

10. Offline

FiberSprite

Where it says -Xms1G that is the minimum amount of ram you can have -Xmx2G thats the max you can have. Change it so -Xmx2G is -Xmx6G and that will give you 6gb of ram if you have that much

kekistar He should have to remove plugins. i have over 70 plugins on my server works at 20 TPS no lag at all. and i only have 4 gbs of ram too. just have to set it up right. i have 3gbs of permgen space also. There is also a diffrence between permgen and regular memory. He is out of permgen which is something else. All he has to do is give it 2gb and it should work fine.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  11. Offline

LHammonds

eh, guys...you shouldn't need to allocate THAT much to permsize. :)

IIRC, the default is 64M and I run a server with over 70+ plugins installed and I use the following cmd to start it up:

Code:
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

See if just 128M for MaxPermSize will work. If so, great, if not, keep bumping it up in increments of 64M. There is absolutely no need to waste memory if not necessary for this particular setting.

Keep in mind that PermSize/MaxPermSize is NOT the main memory space the server runs in. That is controlled by Xmx and Xms

LHammonds

12. Remember that not all plugins use up the same amount of ram memory, you probably do not use the same plugins also.

13. Offline

Keoni506

Figured out the problem, something's wrong with GUIAPI but everything's fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.