When CraftBukkit is finished, will the permissions be simple?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by stolen_insanity, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

stolen_insanity

At the moment, permissions are complex and many people are having alot of problems with them.
    Is CraftBukkit going to have a simple solution to permissons when it's finished or just as complex?

2. Offline

h0us3cat

They are simple now.

3. Offline

stolen_insanity

Well that's a matter of opinion.
    I personally would like to be able to have a .txt file where you can just add the name of the user and then just put the group they are in.
    hmod's groups/users system was simple and effective.
    If Craftbukkit is supposed to be easier to work with and more user friendly, shouldn't it be better than hmod with stuff like this?
    Just to clarify, I love Craftbukkit and it's working really well for me and I know it's still in development.
    Which is why I'm asking, is this something that the Bukkit people are working on? Or will we need a permissions plugin that can cause a lot people pulling out their hair?

4. Offline

ledhead900

No, Sk89q has said carftbukkits permissions are based on his method, so expect a permissions setup like Niji's Ymal style as his is based on Sk89q's method.

"Out of context"
    I don't see why so many people struggle with eaither they can't write a permissions sentence the same way twice or they can't read.

In all fairness I will admit I had some struggle with just picking up the basic layout procedure but once I worked it out its as simple as Hmod ever was. The only reason Hmod looks so simple is due to it being in plain text.

But everyone still struggles with Hmods back in its day escp those who were to new to Hmod its the same thing here your just new to it and will take some practice to sink in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.