When a Player Joins the Game

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Xxcod4glitcherxX, Jun 24, 2011.

1. It would be nice if there was a plugin that makes it to whoever joins the game it plays a sound so if someone is afk then they hear the sound they can comeback to the game and say Finnaly someones here.

2. Offline

zonedabone

So you want everyone to get a beep or something if they're afk and a player logs on?

How about a sound near the player when they log in. (A note block, maybe?)

Here's what I can do:
    I could make a note play, but it would require that a note block be placed there from the client's perspective. I could do a temporary note block using some cool commands, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

Another idea:
    I could use effects from the game, such as door toggling and walking, or explosions. Those wouldn't be as suddle, but they'd work better.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
    Minecraft93 likes this.
  3. Offline

nisovin

The door sound actually makes sense for a sound that plays when a player joins.

4. Offline

zonedabone

That can be done. In fact, I could make the sound scale down the farther away you are from it. (Like a natural door opening) or I could make it play for all players.

Methinks this will make for a good before bed project.

Here. I didn't get to test this out, but with the default config it should play a door click sound to everyone on the server when a player joins. This can be configured to play only in the same world, or only within a certain radius.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  5. It works perfectly and I didn't receive any errors.

6. Offline

zonedabone

Did everything work? Please try the different settings. If everything is up to par, I'll add a few more settings (Like sound type) and submit it for release.

7. Offline

Pencil

Why not use Commandbooks built in midi support that can play when a player logs in :p