whats the best run.sh for liunx server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by woodzy, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

woodzy

this is my current LIUNX boot file for minecraft server. i have 3.4GB ram free to work with 6core cpu 2.8Ghz Xeons, up/down speeds are fine more then enof (trust me :D)
    im tyring to get more power out of my server its a VPS remote connection
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd "${0%/*}"; java  -Xshare:auto -Xmx2662M -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -jar craft.jar

2. Offline

Nathan C

You purchased a VPS?

You can't squeeze more power out a VPS, because it is limited and many clients share that same node. I can guarantee you that you don't have access to all 6 cores, let alone all of that one.

Also who is your host? That would help..

3. Offline

woodzy

i do have full power on my cores i have ran tests server side to test that and i have access to all 6 cores aswell.
    now back to the minecraft server start file what can i put in it to get more juice?

any one on this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

woodzy

bumb... sorry for that need the help some

5. Offline

Simanova

You can activate garbage collection, incremental pacing and multicore support by
    Code:
    -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
    -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
    -XX:+AggressiveOpts
    -XX:parallelGCThreads=6
    6 are the CPU core count used

6. Offline

stkeroro

Using all cores? i think the number of garbage collector cores will be 4 freeing 2 for mysql and minecraft.

7. Offline

woodzy

ill give this a try. thank you ill let you know if it boosts performace is there something i can add to this to get the most out of my 64bit system? maby -d64

8. Offline

Simanova

ahmmm ... iam not sure about it, but the bit version is determined by your java installation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.