What would be a good rank promotion system?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by armorlord4, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

armorlord4

I set up 50 different ranks for my SkyBlock server (excluding default and mod/admin) labelled level1-level50. At first I thought of using the AutoRank plugin, which automatically promotes people based on how long they play. However, this is easily exploitable using the well-known AFK pools.

What are some other ways that I could systematically promote people, or maybe counter AFK pools?

2. Offline

Serold

armorlord4
    I think autogroup is a good plugin also, it's something like autorank ;)
    Do you want it to be automatic or?

3. Offline

Taylor-PH

Well you could potentially do this based on hours they have played, it may be exploited as well by randomly logging in, or they're afk, but here's my idea.
    So you have a plugin that checks the time they have logged in and logs it, but they must go to a specific sign and right click it which will earn them 1 point or how ever many you would like them to do this. The sign is another plugin that checks with the other plugin how long they have played and once it is right clicked, gives them points and will automatically level them up once they have reached enough points.
    1. Time logger
    2. Sign to add points based on time
    3. Ranking plugin

It still seems a bit exploitable, as people can afk and then randomly go for a point, but that's my idea hopefully you can expand on it.

4. Offline

armorlord4

Serold
    That's a great plugin, better than autorank because of the donation feature, but it is still exploitable with AFK pools, so I'll leave that as a last restort

Taylor-PH
    That sounds like a great idea, but I have yet to hear about such a plugin. I will request one in the requests forum page.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

5. Offline

JaguarJo

armorlord4 If you're worried about people going afk to earn time, you could get a plugin that will flag players as afk after a set time of inactivity (Essentials can do this, but I'm sure there's other plugins too). AutoRank has a setting so that it will not count afk time. You could even have your afk players kicked after a set time if you really want to be thorough.

6. Offline

armorlord4

JaguarJo
    I do have essentials, and I did set the afk-kick time to like 5 minutes, however people know how to use AFK pools, which is basically a circle of water that they stand in and it moves them around in circles, which prevents them from being marked as AFK.

7. Offline

MaxCydiaHelp

use PermissionsEx or go buy a website ($9 a month) and then with the website have people pay for ranks: enjin.com

8. Offline

Polishgaming

This is a bad idea for online players but, having the server restart after an hour or two? This will kick the AFK people and stop the exploiting, but your other players may be a bit upset with the restarts. OTHER: Teleport while in /vanish and check up on them. ;)
    ~Polish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.