What Will Bukkit Have?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Tim/Hoopi2, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tim/Hoopi2

Will Bukkit have Kits, Groups, Colors, and pretty much everything hMod Does?
    and what other things will it have? just saying we can customise the server how we want it on the introduction to bukkit post really isn;t enough info...:eek:

2. Offline

NikolaiH

Bukkit will supposedly have everything that hMod offered and much more. Also it is said that it will be possible to customize commands and settings down to the smallest setting. Last but not least it will be built open a system very similar to updatr which allows user and developers to update their mods and plugins easily.

3. Offline

Silentspy

Pretty much what NikolaiH said, moved to appropriate forum.

4. Offline

Ataman

So Bukkit isn't only a modding interface...
    Is there any way to disable all that stuff like Groups and Kits?? Because currently we don't use hMod (instead we use Sheo's API which is a pure modding interface) and programmed our own user-management.
    Will we have to trash all user-management related stuff in order to use Bukkit?

5. Offline

Raphfrk

I get the impression that they are aiming for a less complex API.

In another thread, they said that they won't support the Player.isAdmin() method because you can handle that by having a parameter like "admin_group=" and then checking if the player is in that group.

I think kits can certainly be handled by a separate plugin.

There was talk of the fill site having the concept of "core"/recommended plugins and the various misc plugins can be placed in there. This allows admins to remove/not install features that they don't want.

6. Offline

Ataman

Well I would like to check if the player is operator or not (/op). (I don't know what Player.isAdmin really did in hMod).

Hopefully they really add such a site where everybody can add as many extras as he want. The core should be nothing else then a library though. (i.e. I want to add Bukkit and start my server without ANY extras except a Bukkit.jar and perhaps one additional configuration file (which includes a list with plugins to load)).
    Without any plugins loaded Bukkit should change exactly nothing. That's what I call an API.

7. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

The core API will be just that; a core API. There will be no /warp command, no MOTD, not even a /spawn.

However, we will be providing a bunch of default enabled plugins which are entirely optional if you want to use them or not, which we think you will find useful; this is basically a suite of plugins to replicate the hmod commands you're all used to.

8. Offline

Ataman

Ok, in this case, keep up the good work. :)

9. Offline

doubleobond

As far as compatibility with old hey0 mods?

10. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

There is none. The API is too different, I'm afraid. Most authors have already converted, or started to convert, so it shouldn't be an issue.

11. Offline

Lolmewn

Im actually trying to make an application atm which should do the same. If Updatr comes out first, ill just keep it to myself, since it probally will be a bit more buggy and not .jar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.