What plugins should I use?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Addicting, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Addicting

Well, I'm kind of fed up with vanilla right now. I have switched to bukkit. But what plugins should I use?
    What I'm looking for:
    -Anti greif
    -Fun/misc unique
    -Should i sue factions or towny?
    -spout? Why?
    -What does logblock conflict with/require?
    -Essentials or CommandBook?
    And anything else that would help my server. I know it's a lot to ask. so if you could answer any of these that would help. Thank you.

2. Offline

FloodzTxBB

i use bigbrother for anigrief i find it more simple than logblock.
    essentials is a must
    world edit and worldguard are a must to help with building and to protect a region
    i dont use permissions although most servers do i dont and its helpful to have but its not a must in my opinion
    myhome is good to set a home and then type /home to get their
    noweather if u dont want rain on the server
    stoptalkingautoban (STAB) is goodfor those people who spam they get auto kicked and ifthey do i again they get banned
    if u want anymore just ask me and i will tell you more also if u want links to the
    i know a bunch of good and helpful plugins to get your server going

3. Offline

rockyct

I think you'll find that LogBlock is the new standard logging plugin. LogBlock is pretty confusing with the commands, but it's extremely powerful.

Permissions really is a must unless you only have OPs and non-OPs. With any kind of public server, you absolutely need to have a permissions plugin because you're probably going to want to have mods.

I would stay away from Essentials if possible. It's really a bloated mess right now. Command Book is more of the "essentials" package and you can customize the build to remove anything you don't need.

I like Factions, but Towny's good too. They are similar but have some major differences.

You need Spout if you use LogBlock with chest logging. There's other stuff, but that's the main reason right now.

4. Offline

Addicting

Well when i use Command Book ALL lava/water flow is restricted. i thought it was something else to i removed ALL plugins but Command Book and it still was restricted. very slow movement. And i don't see any config for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.