What plugins should I remove to increase performance?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Codex Arcanum, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Plugin list: Plugin List: "AdvancedMobs" "AntiCreeper" "Appleseed" "ArrowWall" "AutoPlant" "backstab" "BackToBody" "BigBrother" "BloodMoon" "CAExample" "ChairCraft" "Chimneys" "CleanroomGenerator" "Command iConomy" "CommandHelper" "CreativeGates" "DoorShield" "Dowsing" "EnderMod" "EnderSMP" "FakeMessage" "Fire Tools" "FlatLands" "Fortification" "Giant Trees" "Hammertime" "HealthBar" "Help" "HeroicDeath" "HeroSneak" "iConomy" "Inception" "KitPlugin" "LagMeter" "LavaFurnace" "Lockette" "Massband" "MCDocs" "MoveCraft" "MyHome" "MyWarp" "NoDeathMessage" "PermissionsEx" "PhatLoots" "Pinapp" "PlgColdLightning" "PlgLogCmd" "PluginSpy" "PlugMan" "PhoenixTerrainMod" "RealShop" "RecipeManager" "Redstone Spawning" "RedstoneLighting" "Runecraft" "SimpleGive" "SimpleTime" "Slap" "SPITEMS" "Spout" "SpoutCoords" "SpoutEssentials" "SpoutFlight" "SuperJump" "Tables" "TelePlusPlus" "TriggerCmds" "UltraItems" "VoxelSniper" "WaterMonster" "WeatherRestrictions" "WheresMyBones" "WirelessRedstone" "WorldEdit" "WorldGuard" "WorldWarp" "YouControl" "ChatManager" "Modifyworld" "NoLaggChunks" "Permissions" "PlayerEditor" "StyxSpace" "dynmap" "Citizens" "Heroes" "MagicSpells" "NoLagg" "SpoutBlocks" "VanishNoPacket"

Thanks!

2. Offline

Fishfish0001

Oh dear god...

Have you gone through first to check for duplicate plugins? Im sure some of those do what another does as well.

Edit: I see multiple warp plugins already.

3. Offline

pyraetos

You have half the plugins on Bukkit but none of mine :( To be honest, I don't know which to remove, but NoLagg didn't help me, but you may be in a different situation.

4. Offline

erdrickk

That is a ton of plugins......what are your server specs? how much memory do you have? I found that Dynmap lagged my server with 40+ people on it especially if you have all the triggers active and have it updating every second or two. What I do is remove all the triggers and manually render the map once per week.

5. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Actually those plugins are not duplicates, and I don't think there are any other ones. MyWarp is a standard warp plugin, and WorldWarp is a multiworld tp plugin I use occasionally to find the spawn points of worlds, since Pinapp only does relative locations. I've gone ahead and remove inception because it has to track PLAYER_MOVE events.
    Yes, it is a ton of plugins, but most of them are rather lightweight. I've been giving it 1 GB of memory on a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, but I have not gone public yet, just me and a few friend. Started seeing a little lag with 5 people wandering around on the server today, and thought I'd ask for some advice.

Went ahead and removed Inception, Dynmap, and a couple other miscellaneous plugins. Down to 83.
    Saw your Wikipedia plugin, would install, but that seems like the wrong direction to go in in this situation :).

6. Offline

pyraetos

Personally, I'd try it without all the NoLaggs. Depending on your specific problem NoLagg can really be a scapegoat.

7. Offline

erdrickk

Spout + McMMO for me caused a ton of block lag. I don't see McMMO in your list but perhaps there is something similar going on here.

8. Offline

_infina_

IIRC, SpoutEssentials has coordinate display built-in. This makes SpoutCoords redundant. I will be making a client-side addon for it, however.

9. Offline

TheBeast808

Remove AntiCreeper, WorldGuard has a feature to handle creepers.
    Also, you have alot of plugins for basic command. Why don't you just get CommandBook? One plugin to handle all the commands is better than 10 that handle a few commands.

10. Offline

Phinary

Running that many plugins on a server that has those specs and more then 3-5 people will be virtually impossible. You will most likely either need to trip down your plugins a lot, or get better specs. How many people do you plan to have on this server?

11. That's quite a list of plugins you got here ^^.
    You should start with as few plugins as possible, e.g.: CommandBook, bPermissions, WorldGuard, WorldEdit, LogBlock and Spout.
    After you have installed those work your way up slowly and try to get the plugins you need for your server and DONT download any plugin that might do something you want but do some more research and install plugins that do many things you want in one (not Essentials pls).

12. Offline

Fiddy_percent

Bloodmoon causes alot of lag if you have the fast arrow thing on
    make sure you turn that option off

13. Offline

EmperorXing

Remove anti-creeper, because you can modify creepers in worldguard. Remove fire tools, giant trees, and fake message. Replace MyHome, MyWarp, SimpleTime, TelePlusPlus, iConomy, and Weather Restrictions and replace with Essentials.

14. Offline

Phinary

I would much rather use all those plugins together than use essentials at all.

Just because its 1 plugin with a ton of things shoved into it, doesnt mean its better

15. wait ... what ?
    PTM is a map generator/populator, VS is an ingame editor tool ...

16. Offline

Tarheels

17. Offline

EmperorXing

Just saying it saves some space, but it's not as good s all of them combined. Just trying to help lol

My bad. Was thinking of another plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  18. Offline

Shurfire

restart and go look at each one and see what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.