What plugin are people using nowdays to backup their server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MrZoraman, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrZoraman

I'm using CraftBukkit 1185, and I can't find a backup plugin that backs up the maps that works well. I used to use "backup" but that is now inactive, and Minebackup kinda works on CraftBukkit 1185, but after a while it starts glitching out (minebackup is the only plugin installed at the time). I found a plugin called "banannabackup" but it has such little configuration options that I cannot use it. I feel that backing up a server map would be an important plugin, so I'd expect to see more backup plugins around. Is there a backup plugin that I am missing, or do I need to file a plugin request?

2. Offline

Rustyhoff

I think the best option would to run a script to back up. Check out the Bukkit Tools section

3. Offline

zipfe

You should run backups with server side OS, not with a plugin for a game written in java - it just doesn't make sense.

4. Offline

MrZoraman

My server seems to crash a lot, so that is why I feel that I need a backup plugin. Should I get a plugin that saves the world (but not backs it up) at regular intervals? There seems to be plugins that do this, but I'm not sure why they are useful, for whenever the server crashes the map gets corrupted, so having maps corrupted seems to beat the purpose of the plugin. Am I missing something?

5. Offline

codename_B

There's BananaBackup on BukkitDev

6. Offline

MrZoraman

7. Offline

codename_B

What configuration options do you need?

It's no use saying "i need a plugin and one exists but I won't tell you what I need"

8. Offline

MrZoraman

I wasn't planning on requesting you to modify your plugin (I already did some of that on the bukkitdev page), but I'm looking for a plugin that can:
    • Choose the backup directory
    • Choose how the backups are organized (like how MineBackup did it)
    • Choose backup intervals
    • Manual backup command
    • Choose which worlds to backup
    • Not backup when no players are on
    • Choose how many backups to keep
    • Delete old Backups
    • Backup the plugins folder
    • backs up everything in the 'worldname' folder, not just the region
    I didn't make all these requests on the bukkitdev page because I know that your plugin seems to be striving for simplicity, and adding all these features would counter that. However, the plugin is too simple to meet my needs. I am looking for a plugin that can replace Minebackup, and all its features.

9. Offline

codename_B

I only made it simple because I was lazy - I'll work on getting those features :3

10. Offline

MrZoraman

Thank you! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.