What is the best permission Plugin? n stuff n junk.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by BrandonHopkins, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BrandonHopkins

Hello everyone, after a long time away I'm back. I am going to make videos for plugins as I build a server for my YouTube subscribers. The thing I was wondering is what is currently the superior permissions plugin? As of the last time I was doing this my personal favorite was GroupManager because of how well it tied into Essentials. I am also good with PEX. So simply what do you guys think is the best?

Also are there any plugins that came out in the last 2 months that you'd recommend?

2. Offline

crushh87

3. Offline

fussionzz97

4. Offline

firecopy

I have used PEX, Bperms, and GroupManager. I use GroupManager because of its ease of use, and I like their system of parenting/childing world permissions.

5. Offline

Onionbro

Personal favorite is bPermissions. I've used PEX/GM in the past but I'm not as fond of them anymore.

Gunnerrrrr likes this.
  6. Offline

Necrodoom

i prefer Groupmanager over other permission plugins due to mirroring system and ease of use.

7. Offline

astroskillz

PEX all the way. bPermissions has a really easy Web GUI, but I'm still a lot more familiar with some YAML stuff, which is honestly not hard at all.

You should do a Permissions Plugin comparison video. That would be really useful.

8. Offline

johnreyes223

GroupManager. I know some people find it hard to use, but if you work with it and actually take the time to learn about it, you would understand how easy it is to use! I'm going to make a tutorial for the plugin soon!

9. Offline

Ytry

<Rant> I personally really enjoy bPermissions, it organizes everything very nicely and has many features that I don't think I could like without after using it. For example bPermissions has a feature called mirroring that allows you to make one world mirror the permissions of another world meaning they will have all the same permissions and when you change one the other will change with it. There is also a feature called custom nodes that allows you to clump permissions nodes together into one permissions node keeping your files nice and clean. One thing I have found that bPermissions lacks which I was originally annoyed by is no .* node to give all permissions but I just made it myself with a custom node I made a node called admin.* with custom nodes and gave that node every permission for all my plugins though it can be annoying to update when ever I install a new plugin I feel it makes my life much simpler and keeps everything neat / bug free. </Rant>

Gunnerrrrr likes this.
  10. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

I'm all for bPermissions.
    Many people say they hate bperms because of it not having the '*' node.
    All you have to do is op them. Don't want them having a couple commands? Just give them a negative perm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.