What essential plugins do I need?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Joooop, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Joooop

So I just created my craftbukkit server and at the moment it's up for my friends and I. I'm just looking for some essential plugins for an admin... My friends are currently ops but Ive looked into protecting spawn(need a plugin for that too) and I think it will be useless since were all ops. One day I'll open the server to the public but for now I need to get started with plugins, thanks if you can help.

2. Offline

Plague

You need something for essential commands - ScrapBukkit, Essentials, General, PlgEssentials, ...
    Most of those use Permissions plugins (not PlgEssentials).
    For the spawn you need something like WorldGuard.
    You also want a whitelist plugin.

3. Offline

Joooop

So the general is for commands, permissions for groups and worldguard is protection, what does whitelist do and how do I protect with worldguard?
    --- merged: Feb 6, 2011 5:59 PM ---
    I really have no clue how to do the permissions stuff :/

4. Offline

Plague

Oh I never used worldguard, but it does something like you wanted, define an uneditable area, I think, see the proper topic.
    I don't use permission, there are a few tutorials on this forum.
    Whitelist lets you define who can login to your server and automatically kicks all others.

5. Offline

thegleek

A good indicator of which plugins are most popular is sorting the forum section by most views/replies, as such:

http://forums.bukkit.org/forums/plugin-releases.17/?order=view_count

You'll see the most popular/installed/used plugins at the top (ie: General, Essentials, Permissions, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, etc...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.