[WG] Region/Plot Claim

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Piggy351, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Piggy351

I need to set up a way for players to claim predefined WorldGuard regions without admins having to do anything like that, if no one knows, that's Ok, just I'm wondering so I can make my server better. I need it so like a player can stand in a region and type a command to become owner, in unclaimed regions, maybe I can't do this with WorldGuard, if there's a way to do this with any plugin, please inform me, thank you in advance

~Piggy

2. Offline

saul100

Not worldGuard, but Towny, Residence, Regios ( I think) and Factions do this

3. Offline

Piggy351

I asked around and they use WorldGuard, I want my server completely plot based, and players limited to two plots, if you can help, please do so, thanks.

4. Offline

1lann

I'm using the exact same techniques on my server XD. The way I do it is using SRM http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simple-region-market/ it links with WorldGuard and requires Register. The way I set it up:
    1. Protect the entire area with build and passthrough set to deny
    2. Set your limit on the number of lots one can claim by using /rm limits buy (worldname) 2
    3. Set up the region in worldguard as usual and make sure build is set to deny and priority (/region pri (region name) 1) is set to 1 so it overrides the entire world and optionally make a border thing to show where the borders of the region is.
    4. Place a sign infront or in the lot that says:
    Line 1: [AGENT]
    Line 2: (region name)
    Line 3: 0
    Line 4:
    (Please not for line 3, you set the price. If you are using an economy system, you can set a price. Else setting it to 0 will make it free)
    5. Wait for a person to come along and all he has to do is right click that sign and that will now become his land and if he owns 2 regions, he can't claim any more. Easy self service regions.

Frkinklown and Piggy351 like this.
  5. Offline

Piggy351

Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.