Well, this totally makes sense...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ZanderMan9, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZanderMan9

I am developing a new plugin, a very simple one just for practice that teleports players up using sign and yadda yadda... However, I get a "jar does not contain plugin.yml" error on starting up my testing server... I copied a template from one of my previous projects, which work just fine, and yet no matter what I do, I can't get it working... Here's the error: http://pastebin.com/hBmtTh0f
    Here's a screenshot of what goes on when I export it: Export.PNG
    I can't fathom what could be wrong, as I've been doing the same thing for my other plugins, and they've all been fine.

2. Offline

HeadGam3z

Where did you put the plugin.yml file? Also, what does your plugin.yml file look like?

3. Offline

ZanderMan9

In the plugin's folder, like my other, working, plugins. It's like this, again, like my other working plugins...
    name: UpSign

author: ZanderMan9

version: 1.0

main: me.Up.Sign1.Main

description: 'Signs that tp you up'

commands:

4. Offline

HeadGam3z

Is there a chance that your main is not correct?

5. Offline

ZanderMan9

Nope, I'm sure of it. Checked and rechecked. That wouldn't throw that error anyway though?

6. Offline

thecrystalflame

are you using maven? if so you will need to make an includes section in the build configuration of pom.xml.
    another point, you shouldnt be capitilizing packages.
    so theres no resource folder? open the compiled jar with winrar and make sure the plugin.yml is in it. if its not you can just drag it in yourself.

7. Offline

ZanderMan9

Ok thanks let me see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.