Website Login Help?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jonchun, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jonchun

So I want users to be able to login to my website, but I need help getting it to be as easy as possible.

I was thinking about using php (cURL) or just sending a POST request to the minecraft auth url and checking so users can login to my website WITHOUT having to make a password, but would that make users feel insecure?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the login thing really easy for users, without making them feel insecure?

2. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

3. Offline

Jonchun

I'd rather players NOT be forced to register.

4. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

You can make a plugin request or I can point you to one of my devs (you will have to pay)

5. Offline

Jonchun

What's your idea then? I simply want to be able to authenticate users on my website, without them ever having to create a password.

6. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

What do you mean "authenticate" ?? You can't really authenticate them without that person creating an account under their in-game name

7. Offline

Omnitv

Offline mode server

The Answer (open)

OFFLINE Mode servers!
    We DO NOT support offline mode servers here on bukkit. And many security risks come from it. So DO NOT ask ifYOU ARE on a offline state, We cannot support you or your issue.

Or get xAuth, IpLogger.

From
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/getting-your-question-answered-formatting-your-thread.84352/

8. Offline

Jonchun

Why do people answer the question when they don't understand it properly?

I run an online-mode server. I want users to be able to authenticate themselves ON MY WEBSITE without having to set up a password in-game like an offline-mode server. I currently have it set up so it will authenticate them through their minecraft.net details, but I feel like people will feel insecure about that.

That's my point. I can authenticate them through their minecraft.net password by checking it against the response from login.minecraft.net... However, people may feel insecure about it and I'm asking for ideas or other solutions.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  9. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

So you want something like my plugin? /register <password> and it hooks to your website?
    OR
    Get an enjin site, md_5 made a private plugin for donating through enjin and you can use Vote4Diamonds

10. Offline

Omnitv

y u tag him?

11. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

idk lol

12. Offline

Jonchun

No one understands my question. Can someone please just close this thread? I found a solution.

13. Offline

Omnitv

Set prefix to solved.

BMX_ATVMAN14 likes this.
  14. Offline

md_5

I have no idea what is going on, all I know is that I got tagged.

Omnitv likes this.
  15. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

xD Nevermind... He gave up on the thread

16. Offline

Omnitv

Told you not to tag him. >.>

17. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

All well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.